Contribute
Register

Z790 advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my Ram to 32GB/3200 MHz. Put in my AQ107 and enabled the quirk. Works fine.

Not much difference in GB6(2747, 14800). Single core score higher than anything Apple has at the moment. Just make sure you live close to a power plant...

Will check sleep(without TB devices) next.

I see a bunch of DSDT files in the left tab of maciasl. How do I find the DMAR tables?
The one which is named DMAR.aml. It's not a piece of SSDT code.

Yes. A very short and clean one. Nothing to do, and presumably no issue here.

Unfortunately my trusty Z390 is out of order(I took 32 GB of RAM out and the AQ card). BIOS was completey destroyed for some reason, with long POST times, reboots and weird CPU settings. Saved settings were corrupted. I've managed to reset the BIOS(took a couple of tries) but now it gets stuck while loading MacOS. I get the Apple and the progress bar advances to about a third, then stalls. -v doesn't tell me much.

Any ideas? I checked the BIOS settings, but maybe I should take a more careful look.

Booting from my USB APFS backup doesn't work, the hack only sees the MacOS on my internal NVME.

Weird. I found another OC EFI for Z390, but I still get stuck at the same place in MacOS. About a third of the progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back