Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, first let me say it's my first hackintosh and 3rd pc build. I know my way around computers but being an expert is not how I would qualify myself :)

My hackintosh is based on the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board its not booting without -x (safe mode)

Here is the hardware related stuff. Built using Tonymac's recommandation.

Board : Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH with F4 revision (didn't update it, it came with F4 out of the box)
CPU : Intel i7 3770 3.4ghz
RAM : 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance (32gb total)
Video : Gigabyte GTX 670 GeForce
Power : Xion 700w
Wifi : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
+
SSD :Kingston HyperX 3K 120gb
HDD :Samsung 1Tb
Optical : LG DVD burner crap

I started from nothing. Using the Ivy Bridge iBoot version to install Snow Leopard and download Mountain Lion. I then proceeded to create a UniBeast Mountain Lion USB stick and followed the guides all the way to ML installation.

The BIOS setting used where provided by Alpha and TheLostsWede : here.

Problem one. I was unable to boot the ML installer without -x.

All the other switches didn't do anything. So... I went on installing ML in safe mode.

Problem two. Once ML had been freshly installed, there was no way to boot it except using -x again.

Still, once in ML, I could find my Wifi network and using MultiBeast was possible.

Problem three. Even after applying basic changes using MultiBeast, as described here in the first post by Tonymac itself, it is still not booting without -x.

It was the bare minimum in MultiBeast. That is DSDT free install, ALC898 audio and AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet. I can boot ML with these setting using -x GraphicsEnabler=No. But still no boot when not in safe mode...

When I push MultiBeast a bit more I get considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel error in -v.

So, I really am wondering what is going on here because I've been following guides very closely (still I could have missed something maybe?). Alpha has a build VERY similar to mine and he can boot without safe mode or at least he doesn't mention it, see here.

Help... :S

Thx in advance.
C.s

Might want to update the Bios...Currently its F11. The board ships with F4. I discovered that Multibeast 5.03 kinda relied on the F11 Bios. My system is the old 460 Nvidia card, but you'll need to install the Nvidia drivers, check OpenCL. When I set up the machine, actually when I try to do ANY low level on this thing, I use the internal HD4000 graphics. Initially I was unplugging the 460 but with the updated BIOS I just select Internal graphics and lock it down, plug in the Cinema 30 and I'm off to the races. Be sure to check third part sata and esata.

!

Z77X-UP5-TH having problem booting... (Fixed!)

Got it to work using this guide...!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...a-z77x-ud5h-i7-3770-ivy-bridge-gtx-670-a.html

Turns out it was Marvel Sata thing and VT-d disable flag in the BIOS. Got it to boot on first try once these were fixed.

I haven't tested everything yet as I needed to computer soon for work. Now it's stable, Time Machine is running so if something explode later i'll have backup :)

I never had a computer with a SSD before, these things are furiously fast... wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back