CPU
i7 6800K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
I am on the latest BIOS (F11) and have everything setup with Tony's tools (Unibeast ML/Latest Multi) I have just copied 2TB of media onto a new drive and everything went fine, now the disk is ejecting randomly and I have all my data on it! It will then not show in Disk utility and I have to restart for it to mount again. Anyone come across this?

I am using Plex to manage all the data so I wonder if this is causing the problem? It is set to scan whenever there is a change on the new HD

Hi, no it completely disappears and I need to reboot the entire system, it has been on for a few days with no problems and then last night I had plex running onto my PS3 streaming a movie and low and behold it crashed, I really think its something to do with plex?

Is the drive on one of the Z77 SATA ports or on one of the Marvell ports, and if on the Marvell chip do you have the AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA kext loaded? If so that does open up the opportunity for the drive to get ejected.

This is an area of concern for me at the moment: I want that kext so the eSATA port and the front-panel dock connected to the Marvell chip get hot-swap, but that means that any other disk connected to the 3rd Marvell port (or to any ports on ASM1061 cards) might get ejected (e.g. by accident in Finder) and I can't see how I'd get them back without a reboot. Not optimal... Only the 2x SATA3 and 4x SATA2 ports on the Z77 seem to be excluded.

Hi, the disk is on the 5 port down from the top(from the right is looking straight on), I think that is a normal port (it is not connected at Sata 3.0 speed and is a sata 3.0 HD)

I guess the relevant question to my point is whether after a reboot there's an eject icon next to the drive in Finder's sidebar. If so then for whatever reason it's regarded as ejectable, and you can follow up on why. If not you can move on to other options.

Hi, no, no eject button they are all set to internal sata drives :(

Hi, no, no eject button they are all set to internal sata drives :(

Can you try to just place in a different sata port? It may be possible the port or the disk is bad as well, or your cabling, power connector etc.

What I am getting at is rule out the simple stuff that very well could be wrong before troubleshooting a "hackintosh" issue

Hi, I just had a similar issue... I have been in the dark on what drivers to install with multibeast, so I just install as things seem to go wrong...
I also just moved data over to my HDD which was being recognized as external (SSD is showing as external as well). I restarted my computer but it did not reappear. I installed what I think is the correct driver (3rd party eSATA) and restarted, but still no HDD and the SSD still shows as external.

edit: just installed 3rd part SATA and now the SSD shows as internal, but still no HDD.

What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Joshua

hello again,
Just did pjalm's fix to my motherboard and sleep issue is gone, but my HDD is stil MIA.
Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back