Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP5 Hackintosh finally working. Almost…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-T
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Hackintosh is finally up and running, although a few minor, but important, details need a fix. Considering that most people active on this forum are a lot more experienced in this field than I am, I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions or useful links.

The components I used (see below) were picked from the Tonymac-recipe (tonymacx86.blogspot.se), only with the exception of the Antec case (which nonetheless proved to be an excellent choice). The installation of Mountain Lion was pretty smooth with the help of UniBeast. Regarding the BIOS, I didn't do much, except upgrading from F3 to F9 and selecting the boot-order. The first problems appeared after the installation of Mountain Lion. Whenever I installed the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" from MultiBeast, the boot process would continue past the Apple, but freeze with a white screen. As I could not even boot with the USB stick when the "UserDSDT…" had been installed, I had to make a fresh install every time I did so. Any other combination of tools/drivers from MultiBeast, that I tried, made booting possible, but only with the assistance of the UniBeast USB-stick. The various "Boot options" in MultiBeast only led to failed installations. The same applied to any attempt to install Network drivers/ethernet: installation failed! What finally worked for me was the installation (from Multibeast) of:
- Drivers/Miscellaneous: FakeSMC
- Drivers/Audio: Realtek ALC898
- Themes: Chameleon 2.0
- System definitions: MacPro 3.1
… in combination with Chameleon 2.1svn-r2060.pkg from OSX86.net:
(http://www.osx86.net/view/2981-chameleon-2.1svn-r2035.html).

From this point my Hackintosh booted on its own for the first time, i.e., without the USB-stick. I had sound, working Wifi & Ethernet, etc. Geekbench scores around 13500. However, a few issues – that I am currently aware of – still remain:
1. I am still not able to use Apples wireless keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth dongle (Belkin V2.1) may be the cause of this problem? This is pretty annoying, as I cannot imagine myself in a Mac environment without the right mouse and keyboard.
2. A white flickering box/square appears in the upper left corner of the log-in-screen. I have never seen this white box anywhere else.
3. Cannot connect to ICloud, as several others has experienced on this forum.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, 3,5 MHz *** MOTHERCARD: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH *** GRAFICS: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670, 2GB *** HARDDRIVES: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6Gb/s, OCZ Agility SATA3 SSD 240 GB *** CASE: Antec Performance One P280 *** RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8 GB)1600Mhz DDR3 *** POWER: Corsair 650watt *** COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro H60 *** WIFI: TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter *** DVD: Sony NEC AD-7280S DVD±RW 24X S-ATA *** OS: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

From this point my Hackintosh booted on its own for the first time, i.e., without the USB-stick. I had sound, working Wifi & Ethernet, etc. Geekbench scores around 13500. However, a few issues – that I am currently aware of – still remain:
1. I am still not able to use Apples wireless keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth dongle (Belkin V2.1) may be the cause of this problem? This is pretty annoying, as I cannot imagine myself in a Mac environment without the right mouse and keyboard.
2. A white flickering box/square appears in the upper left corner of the log-in-screen. I have never seen this white box anywhere else.
3. Cannot connect to ICloud, as several others has experienced on this forum.

Sorry that I can't help you with your problems, but you are not the only one facing a flickering square in the upper left corner. However when I bootet my Hack yesterday, it was gone. The only thing I've changed was to install the new Cuda drivers. However I can't state whether this had anything to do with the flickering or not.

Keybord and Mouse is working now! The Belkin BT dongle I use have to be pretty OK then. But what did I do? The only thing I have done, that might cause a difference, is enabling internal graphics in BIOS. If that's not the actual reason, I don't know why the BT wireless tools suddenly connected.

Kaskija,

Thanks very much!!!

Your post helped me to get me out of my misery. I had the same problem with a white screen after MultiBeast and was looking around without any success. Actually i tried more than 15 times (incl. install from UniBeast), but now i got a running osx first time on a fresh hackintosh.

The only thing i had to add was the Lnx2Mac's Realteck..., otherwise i wouldn't have internet connection.

Thanks man, nice job!!!
Eric

the WiFi and Bluetooth card works out of the box, except the WiFi. plug the usb into the motherboard, and you got yourself a working Bluetooth card.
with multibeast, everything almost works, as I followed alfa's guide.
I noticed a small tech with the audio, If I im not using it for 2 mins, the first sound I do not hear it
instead I hear a tech, some glitch with os, 2 sec later it get smooth again. looking forward for a fix

Thanks for this, it really helped me.

I have the same build, pretty much. I got an IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, works perfectly.

iCloud problems might be because iCloud expects to see a recovery partition - you can create one with Carbon Copy Cloner (though not on the Hackintosh - you would have to plug the drive into a normal Mac and clone the recovery partition). Obviously it would not be useful to recover from, but fixes the iCloud issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back