Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Specs:
Gigabyte Z77X-UDH5
i5-3570K
Kingston Hyper-X 120Gb SSD
EVGA GeForce GT640 2Gb

I have the Lion USB key as well as 10.7.5 downloaded from the App Store.

Using the Lion USB key I can create a functioning Unibeast Installer which after installing BridgeHelper 4.0.1 allows me to boot to the installer*, format the SSD, install and install Lion. Then I reboot again to Unibeast, delete the mach_kernel, copy, reboot. At this point I can boot to the SSD. Once I have Lion up I go through the steps to configure and get to the desktop. At this point I have tried installing BH 4/5 as well as Multibeast. I've tried just MultiBeast as well as just BH 4 and 5. Regardless of what I do I can't get the system to boot from the SSD again. Even if I do nothing but register and then reboot the system won't see the SSD, I can only boot using the USB key. I've tried different SATA ports to no avail.

I don't want to install ML for compatibility reasons, but I'm downloading it from the App Store just incase. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. I've searched for 3 days trying various work arounds but nothing works.

*I can only boot the Unibeast if I choose the -v option. If I don't choose -v I get the flashing 'no' symbol (circle w/ slash). Now that I'm typing this I wonder if this isn't a part of the problem?

Have you tried using the stand alone Chimera installer? If you install with it and boot with -v do you still get a KP? I am trying to remember off the top of my head (I don't have my handy-dandy reference files with me) whether or not the 68xx gfx cards are supported in Lion ot just in ML. This is a possibility and the search function above your login name is your friend.

Have you tried using the stand alone Chimera installer? If you install with it and boot with -v do you still get a KP? I am trying to remember off the top of my head (I don't have my handy-dandy reference files with me) whether or not the 68xx gfx cards are supported in Lion ot just in ML. This is a possibility and the search function above your login name is your friend.

It's actually a GeForce 640 not an ATI card but I think you may be correct. I didn't think to search on that combination of things. After searching I think you gave me the right direction though. It would appear that the 640 card is ML only, not a big deal. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back