2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Z77x-ud5h mavericks-clover (ultrazone) build - no audio or lan. I have tried everything and reinstalled twice. I did not see how to use multi-beast to give me the kext files to put in the efi/clover/10.9 folder. I got a couple files and stuck in that folder and the "other" folder to no avail. The system boots - computer sleeps - and the screen goes dark as expected. The ssd is trimmed but no sound or lan. I did not use a dsdt or do any other thing to the clover configurator. I put ultrazone's config in the efi folder after i found the partition (hidden). The instructions said to use MultiBeast to get the Audio and Lan Kext files. I do not see how the multi beast will give you a kext (driver) as a file. I tried to see if it would insert it in the os, but there was a couple errors due to it being installed with clover not chimera/unibeast. I am using the build right now and lan is done with an apple usb-lan dongle which seems to work well. Can someone give me some help on these two issues?

MacDude007

I did not see how to use multi-beast to give me the kext files to put in the efi/clover/10.9 folder.
No need to look for MultiBeast files, you will not find anything.
Run MultiBeast and restart.

I ran MultiBeast 6.5.1 for Mavericks and went to:
Audio>Realtek>ALC898 and Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
Then I went to:
Build>Install and this time.

It appeared to install the drivers (Currently Installing.... ) ==> Install Succeeded Check Mark

I rebooted and no Audio.

I went back and went to Bootloader and Installed Chimera v3.0.1 to satisfy the error message since the previous option did not work and Still No Audio....

What did I do wrong?

I ran MultiBeast 6.5.1 for Mavericks and went to:
Audio>Realtek>ALC898 and Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
I went back and went to Bootloader and Installed Chimera v3.0.1 to satisfy the error message
What did I do wrong?
Chimera is not an EFI installed boot loader
Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support is not valid.

I am re-installing Mavericks and would like to know where to find the exact procedure for installing the kexts for Network and Audio. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I am being more careful on following instructions which hopefully will give a better result. The above said to use Multibeast which I did, but there was no Network or Audio. What could I have done wrong to not get it if Multibeast was actually installing the Kexts? I looked at my comment and it appears that Multibeast indicated a successful installation, but there was no audio so I installed Chimera to see if that would make it work. On the second attempt, Multibeast would not do anything without installing Chimera. I appreciate you help... Thanks,
MacDude007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back