XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been struggling with this install for the last 12 hours.

z77x-ud5h | i7-3770 | 6870

I just re-formatted the drive to start clean.

Last install:
Ran Unibeast 1.5, removed ATI6000.kext
Installed ML
Ran Multibeast - (Easybeast)
installed ati6000.kext using kextloader

could only boot using graphicsenabler=no through usb.
graphics card is working, but only at a horrible resolution and my dual screens are both the same image.
I'm also having an issue with appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

I tried using multibeasts null checkbox, but it didn't fix it.

So. I just finished a fresh install.. what should I check this time around in Multibeast to get it to boot and recognize the graphics card?

I have the same motherboard and video card. I can send you a copy of my DSDT.aml, smbios and boot.plist if you would like. I have a patched DSDT that I did myself, enabled audio ports, optical and HDMI audio.

that would be rad! I thought people stayed away from using DSDT on this board.. any drawbacks? (I'm total noob)

To be honest, I have never seen my computer run so fast. I have enjoyed hackintoshing since the tiger days but this is something else.

Connect to http://techonsite.us:25000/

User: tonymacx86
Pass: tonymacx86

Case sensitive. The files are in the tonymac folder and you are free to go.. The only thing I would question is if you need to install bridgehelper being as you have the ivy bridge processor.

I'm pretty sure that Bridge Helper was Lion only.. shouldn't need it in ML.. but like always, I could be wrong.

Thank you! I'll see if this fixes everything!

Not a problem. I hope it works out great for you. I plan to upgrade to an ivy bridge in a few weeks and hoping to keep my dsdt without having to edit a new one.

Hi,

thank you this looks great, I would like to try it, but can I just run it with multibeast over the easybeast I just did this morning ?

(I have the same motherboard and video card too)

Thank you !

Esity: What settings did you use in Multibeast?

xpsycho - which bios update are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back