Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H HDMI Audio + HD4000(With GeForce 650 Ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi tonymacx86 community! :)

I have successfully installed my system and got everything up and running. My Video Card (nVIDIA GeForce 650 Ti), which now works OBB with Mountain Lion, is working fine but now i am looking into activating my HD4000 Graphics as well so i can hook up a third and may be fourth screen. Apparently to do so i have to edit something called DSDT, so i've downloaded the DSDT Editor, extracted my DSDT, i can see and almost understand everything that i am seeing there, but i am looking to do those 2 edits:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000 -- Activating my HDMI Audio.

and this for activating my HD4000 on-board graphic:

2b. HD4000 dsdt Injection (minimum edits; dsdt/GFX0 + Method (DTGP))
Code:
            Device (GFX0)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x66, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x0A, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
And so, i am looking at my DSDT file and i have no idea where to copy those edits and how to import them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

The problem is that right now i am using a DSDT-free installation of Multibeast since my motherboard dosen't need one. If i want to do those modification, i guess i have to extract my DSDT, compile it and save it in extra/ ? And then i can start modifying it and patching it?

The problem is that right now i am using a DSDT-free installation of Multibeast since my motherboard dosen't need one. If i want to do those modification, i guess i have to extract my DSDT, compile it and save it in extra/ ? And then i can start modifying it and patching it?

Toleda's patching is the best DSDT edit you can make. This will give you HDMI audio and HD4000. The instructions are there in the post for you.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb.html

If you don't want HDMI audio and No DSDT.aml file the other option you have for enabling HD4000 is device injection through your config.plist and GraphicsEnabler=No

I have the same board and processor if you would like to look at my guide.

To be honest i couldn't care less about the HDMI Audio, but it would be a nice addon. I am looking at all those guides out there, and somehow i feel like i should be using a DSDT for those edits. I am opening DSDTEditor, extracting it, compiling it but i get errors in the script so it dosen't generate any file. Since you have the same board as i do, do you have any file that you could share with me?

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-11%20at%207.36.26%20PM.png

P.S: That's after applying the AMI-EFI/Clean Compile

To be honest i couldn't care less about the HDMI Audio, but it would be a nice addon. I am looking at all those guides out there, and somehow i feel like i should be using a DSDT for those edits. I am opening DSDTEditor, extracting it, compiling it but i get errors in the script so it dosen't generate any file. Since you have the same board as i do, do you have any file that you could share with me?

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-11%20at%207.36.26%20PM.png

P.S: That's after applying the AMI-EFI/Clean Compile

That's not an error. It is a warning. You can still save as AML (see option in Save As).

correct. download the maciasl tool, read toleda's guide, it has a line by line instruction for you to start.

I have a very similar system so I will be following your thread closely; appears we would need an identical DSDT.

Keep us up-to-date with your progress.

I have made a second Bios profile, for booting my "Mac Test" install using the HD4000 gfx. Upon reboot with the HDMI connector plugged into the HD4000, 10.8.4 boots successfully. As you can see from the attached both HD4000 and my GEForce 650TI are installed.

I'm using a new AppleTV with the latest software download. Music works fine but no Airplay tag appears top right on my screen (does appear on iTunes). And no picture connection on the big screen TV Where AppleTV is attached. Here is the configuration plist as well.
There is some screen flickering in Safari when looking at anything other than a single site.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.45.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.45.41 AM.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.45.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.45.13 AM.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.44.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.44.25 AM.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 129
I have made a second Bios profile, for booting my "Mac Test" install using the HD4000 gfx. Upon reboot with the HDMI connector plugged into the HD4000, 10.8.4 boots successfully. As you can see from the attached both HD4000 and my GEForce 650TI are installed.

Suggestions?
HD4000 is not recognized (No kext loaded). See Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

At this time you have to use HD4000 dsdt injection, two choices:
1. [Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio
2. PJALM's DSDT Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back