CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
after years of trying to get this hackintosh desktop going.. i forked out cash for the customac specs and thought i was gonna be gravy

mountain lion installed no problem.. but i lost my ability to have 3 monitors... i have 1x 26" and 1 x 19" @ 270 degrees (for explorer/finder style stuff, some pdfs too for reading) and a 46" wall mounted TV for viewing pleasure.. works flawless on

i guess i'm going to have to get another card or some usb thing like matrox box to get the additional monitor??? that was one thing once i setup my pc that i was afraid of, not having the nvidia control panel for mac

so i unplugged the 19" 270 and it works for the dual monitors ok.. but my workflow is now diminished

also, i have 2x 3TB 7200rpm SATA3 raid 0 and now realize that I'll have to break that up to make it JBOD (single drives) or i'll have to spend another $400 on a raid card... this thing is getting expensive...

the only reason why i wanted to run mac is because my MOTU recording interface really don't seem to like windows (the drivers i'm guessing is the issue.. i have an adaptec firewire pci card... texas instrument... and a liquid cooled i7 3770K with 32GB of corsair 1600 ram... ssd for OS, raid0 for hard drives... should be fast enough to record/process audio.. you'd think, but i still have dcp latency issues...

so i've also managed to get snow leopard running on my lenovo w510 .. basically limiting the hardware by only 1.7GHz and no speedboost, but it seems to work smoothly for recording

also have a lenovo s10 and put a ssd inside and 2GB of ram and that works like a dream for a little hackbook air (but it's a little small for actual typing.. but i can use it for tethering my camera with a 9-cell added battery, i can get like 7 hours out of it!!) ..that's a success ..

i guess i was expecting this thing to work flawlessly with the desktop

maybe someone will write drivers for the z77x raid ??

and i would assume nvidia should have something for a control panel... i mean can't you run these cards in the mac pro desktops?? what do those users do???

anyways, i guess this is more of a rant.. not sure anyone can help at this time

after years of trying to get this hackintosh desktop going.. i forked out cash for the customac specs and thought i was gonna be gravy

mountain lion installed no problem.. but i lost my ability to have 3 monitors... i have 1x 26" and 1 x 19" @ 270 degrees (for explorer/finder style stuff, some pdfs too for reading) and a 46" wall mounted TV for viewing pleasure.. works flawless on

i guess i'm going to have to get another card or some usb thing like matrox box to get the additional monitor??? that was one thing once i setup my pc that i was afraid of, not having the nvidia control panel for mac

so i unplugged the 19" 270 and it works for the dual monitors ok.. but my workflow is now diminished

also, i have 2x 3TB 7200rpm SATA3 raid 0 and now realize that I'll have to break that up to make it JBOD (single drives) or i'll have to spend another $400 on a raid card... this thing is getting expensive...

the only reason why i wanted to run mac is because my MOTU recording interface really don't seem to like windows (the drivers i'm guessing is the issue.. i have an adaptec firewire pci card... texas instrument... and a liquid cooled i7 3770K with 32GB of corsair 1600 ram... ssd for OS, raid0 for hard drives... should be fast enough to record/process audio.. you'd think, but i still have dcp latency issues...

so i've also managed to get snow leopard running on my lenovo w510 .. basically limiting the hardware by only 1.7GHz and no speedboost, but it seems to work smoothly for recording

also have a lenovo s10 and put a ssd inside and 2GB of ram and that works like a dream for a little hackbook air (but it's a little small for actual typing.. but i can use it for tethering my camera with a 9-cell added battery, i can get like 7 hours out of it!!) ..that's a success ..

i guess i was expecting this thing to work flawlessly with the desktop

maybe someone will write drivers for the z77x raid ??

and i would assume nvidia should have something for a control panel... i mean can't you ru

n these cards in the mac pro desktops?? what do those users do???

anyways, i guess this is more of a rant.. not sure anyone can help at this time
Please post specs. We will try to help you out. Ttys.

gigabyte z77x-ud5h
evga gtx 660ti 3GB

ON that GPU there maybe a way to get 3 monitors hooked up. I would say do a little further research since I don't know this off hand. BTW, are you seeing all 3 GBs?

Try creating a RAID0 or 1 in the UEFI of your motherboard. See if both Win7 and MacOSX will read it. I was able to see a RAID built using Marvell chipset. BTW, Apples in software RAID works really well. :)

As for DCP latency issues, I would say talk to some of the other sound engineers on this forum. A lot of them have discussed how to fix these issues.

That is really all I have to offer for now. If you need anything else just ask. TTYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back