Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Completed a successful basic install of ML on my new system:

Method in brief
- Set xHCI to disabled in BIOS (allows two USB ports under ethernet to work during install)
- Unibeast on USB with -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 (plugged in to one of those two ports)
- Multibeast
- User DSDT (but without an actual DSDT file)
- ALC892 kexts x3 (ALCxxxHDA, HDAEnabler->ALC892, Patched Apple HDA->ALC892)
- Lnx2Mac's Realtek ethernet
- Chimera v1.10.0 r1394
- Boot Options-> 64bit GraphicsEnabler=No
- SSDT->Core i7

Reboot and it works fine (inc sleep / wake). Haven't tried enabling USB3 yet as don't have any USB3 devices.
Also still get:

13/08/2012 15:51:16.000 kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
13/08/2012 15:51:16.000 kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
13/08/2012 15:51:16.000 kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

On boot, but I think we need to wait for a new Chimera / Multibeast to fix this. Not sure. Or perhaps just a newer FakeSMC but haven't tried that.

Any comments / suggestions / queries welcome.

Ok, scratch all that.

Use MultiBeast 5.0.1
Disable xHCI for install
Use usb ports below ethernet socket
Unibeast -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
Then Multibeast with these options:

Attachments

• multibeast5.jpg
    multibeast5.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 470
does the new multibeeast fix unknown CPU model ????

Ok, scratch all that.

Use MultiBeast 5.0.1
Disable xHCI for install
Use usb ports below ethernet socket
Unibeast -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
Then Multibeast with these options:

Thanks for this guide, it has me mostly running, same board, same CPU, nvidia 670. However I have some significant differences to your outcome

- everything mostly worked (minus sound) on initial install of unibeast ( no need for graphics enabler = no either)
- I did multibeast 5.02 with the same options as you plus chimera
- reboot I had white screen on boot, so added graphics enabler option and it rebooted fine
- I cannot reenable xHCI after install without kernel panics on boot

Everything seems great so far, everything works as expected though I haven't tested some of the USB ports yet, I am using some of the USB ports at the far end of the board for mouse and keyboard without problems - go figure! Sleep works great, CPU reports correctly etc etc. very happy!

2 points of confusion are

- why I can't reenable xHci
- I can't install win 7 sp 1 on that partition seemingly due to the bootloader? Win 7 was installed first, then I did the osx side of things and then I tried to install sp1 on the windows side. Chimera perhaps?

Thanks for this guide, it has me mostly running, same board, same CPU, nvidia 670. However I have some significant differences to your outcome

- everything mostly worked (minus sound) on initial install of unibeast ( no need for graphics enabler = no either)
- I did multibeast 5.02 with the same options as you plus chimera
- reboot I had white screen on boot, so added graphics enabler option and it rebooted fine
- I cannot reenable xHCI after install without kernel panics on boot

Everything seems great so far, everything works as expected though I haven't tested some of the USB ports yet, I am using some of the USB ports at the far end of the board for mouse and keyboard without problems - go figure! Sleep works great, CPU reports correctly etc etc. very happy!

2 points of confusion are

- why I can't reenable xHci
- I can't install win 7 sp 1 on that partition seemingly due to the bootloader? Win 7 was installed first, then I did the osx side of things and then I tried to install sp1 on the windows side. Chimera perhaps?

I'd take not being able to enable xhci if it meant I could sleep properly.

So I've used both the old Multibeast and 5.0.2 with the above pictured (also tried the i7 SSDT) but I cannot get the computer to go to sleep. It goes to sleep then wakes up after about 2 seconds.

ALSO probably related, Mac OS cannot shut down the computer. If I shut the computer down, it shuts down and then turns back on after 2 seconds or so just like when it attempts to sleep.

I know it is a bother, but could someone (preferably OP) take some pictures of their efi settings particularly in regards to integrated peripherals and power options. Otherwise, tomorrow I'll start split 50 testing the connected peripherals. (printer, webcam, Bluray drive etc.)

EDIT: Ok more info about the weird usb setup here.

I have both xHCI and EHCI handoffs off. I think it may be related to the xHCI preboot driver that was keeping me from sleeping. Turning that off I cannot boot with xHCI turned on (at least not with something plugged into the back ports) Sleep works fine except for the front USB ports don't work without unplugging-plugging them back in.
I'm ok with xHCI off as I don't need USB3 in any shape or form right now. Perhaps I'll revisit it if people find/make a native USB3 driver for this board. Or if someone has any ideas, I'm done rebooting over and over for now.

I have read in a few places that WoL and "System (something) event" should be disabled for sleep. Otherwise it will just wake again. Worth a try until someone with more knowledge has a better idea.

And yes from what I understand, XCHI = Disabled essentially means all my ports become USB2.0 ports, which wouldn't bother me (I have no USB 3.0 devices) but I still haven't got round to testing them all (2 kids under 4 !!!)

Oh and I fixed my problem installing service pack 1 for Windows 7 on the other partition, I just set that as the boot disk in BIOS, installed SP1 fine and then switched back to the Chimera bootloader on another disk :)

HI there, I followed the guide you have posted, but the only chance to log in to UI is by activating safe mode. Do you have any suggestions about that? How to make my system normal bootable without having to go in to safe mode?
I think there is a problem with the power management... but what ecxactly?

grooves :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back