Contribute
Register

Z77n WiFi No USB 3.0, even after installing GenericUSBXHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is there any reason why this isn't working for me? I've tried many times to install the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, once manually (before it was integrated into MB), then twice more recently using Multibeast. Just tried a fourth time after the 10.8.5 Supplemental update, still no luck. Usb 3.0 drives on the side and back of the machine will supply power to external HDD's, but OSX does not recognise that they are plugged in. Everything shows up in system profiler as I believe it should, and when I boot into Windows 7 the USB 3.0 all works perfectly.

My build is essentially the Customac Mini Deluxe from the August buyer's guide:

OS X 10.8.5 / Windows 7 sp1
z77n-wifi
i5 3570k
8GB Corsair Vengeance
Bitfenix Prodigy
Corsair 500w PSU
GTX 660 ti

Everything runs beautifully on this machine, bar this one problem. What should I try next?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there. I have the same USB problem. If you get a solution, please let me know. I will do the same for you, as I am actively trying to figure this out. Thanks.

Ok. I finally got my Lexar USB3.0 thumb drive to recognize. I shut down my computer and restarted it with the thumb drive already inserted in the 3.0port.

I was amazed to see it in Finder. Then I ejected it. Removed the stick. Re-inserted the stick and it came back! I have some more testing to do, including restarting the computer WITHOUT the drive inserted. I hope it all works after this.

UPDATE: I just started my system WITHOUT the drive inserted, and now it won't recognize when I put it in. So it seems that my 3.0 thumbdrive only is recognized when it is in the port when the computer is turned on. :(

Is there any reason why this isn't working for me? I've tried many times to install the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, once manually (before it was integrated into MB), then twice more recently using Multibeast. Just tried a fourth time after the 10.8.5 Supplemental update, still no luck. Usb 3.0 drives on the side and back of the machine will supply power to external HDD's, but OSX does not recognise that they are plugged in. Everything shows up in system profiler as I believe it should, and when I boot into Windows 7 the USB 3.0 all works perfectly.

My build is essentially the Customac Mini Deluxe from the August buyer's guide:

OS X 10.8.5 / Windows 7 sp1
z77n-wifi
i5 3570k
8GB Corsair Vengeance
Bitfenix Prodigy
Corsair 500w PSU
GTX 660 ti

Everything runs beautifully on this machine, bar this one problem. What should I try next?
Thanks in advance for any help.

That is odd. I will try the same thing tomorrow and see how it goes. I've already tried different USB devices, HDD's, Flash drives, Mobile phone. I guess with two of us searching for a solution we have doubled the chances. Best of luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back