Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I tried to install Yosemite but ran into some issues (no audio, boot0) so attempted to restore from my TM backup. After the restore I still cannot fix the boot0 issue (followed the guide here) but I can boot off the USB Mavericks Unibeast drive I have. If I do that and select my HDD installation I get the cannot find mach_kernel, Press Any Key error but then If I select the USB drive it will boot me into Mavericks. I noticed that now my profile is showing as Macbook Pro 13"....it used to be Mac Pro 1,3. So...I tried to run MB to fix all the issues (sound, profile, etc) and non of the settings are sticking after running MB and rebooting.

So....cannot resolve the Boot0 error
and..cannot get any Multibeast settings to take.

Prior to messing with everything I had a working stable 10.9.5 setup.

Any ideas why I cannot get anything to take on this restore? Thanks!

Turns out my SDD somehow was set up for corestorage and was locked from any edits. Not sure when and how that happened but I removed the volume and repartitioned the drive, restored my TM backup and back to Mavericks. Tried to do another install to an old SATA drive I had. Restored my TM backup to it and ran through the install once more. It failed again. Gonna wait and see what happens with others before trying again. Might have to pick up another SSD (going back to SATA drive was BRUTAL after being used to the speed of SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back