Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I've recently been having a lot of issues with my hackintosh and in an effort to figure out what the problem might be, I'm hoping one of you could help.

My problem with Mac is detailed in another thread but I was hoping someone with the above CPU and mobo could run Prime95 if they have a Windows 7 installation.

The reason: When I'm in Win 7, I get random memory_management blue screens of death and PFN_list_corrupt. I ran Prime95 and saw that I'm only able to ever get 2 cores on the CPU tested. It's not always the same ones but random. The error I get for the faulty cores is 'fatal error, running 0.5. expected 0.4'. Just wanted to see if this is a general thing that happens for everyone, or specific to my build and possibly a hardware issue with mobo, cpu, RAM, or PSU.

At the moment I'm back to a hardware issue being the cause of all my problems on hackintosh so if anyone could help that would be great!

-fussie

Thanks for the reply chadthman. CPU seems to work when playing games etc in Task Manager as all 4 cores are being used, but when testing only 2 are used and fails on the other two. Do you have any idea how to tell if it's the CPU or mobo causing the issue?

Fixed!

Just for anyone else that might stumble upon this problem, the issue was a faulty RAM stick.

Tested via OCCT LinPack and MemTest86+.

-fussie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back