Asus GTX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey guys,

I just upgraded my Hackintosh from 10.8.2 to 10.8.5.
Does anybody know what this could be?

I installed the user DSDT or DSDT-free upgrade from MB 5.5.5, realtek ALC887/888b, v100302 current, without DSDT. Atheros network.
I installed trim enabler as well.

The glitches (high bitcrush-like sound) where not there right away. Strangest thing is, when I connect headphones with mini jack and pull them out again, the glitches are gone, but only for a while. They come back.

I was working with Logic and Final Cut when it happened, but now I'm just using chrome and spotify and it appears to happen less frequently...

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

M0rk

Are you using Chrome by any chance ?

If so, type Chrome audio into the search box on this page.

Good Luck

Are you using Chrome by any chance ?

If so, type Chrome audio into the search box on this page.

Good Luck

Hi P1lgrim!

Thank you for your reply! I was very busy the last view days and just decided to stop using Chrome for a while as a quick solution. But even though I'm not using Chrome, the static noise still occurs sometimes.

I am currently using Logic, Final Cut Pro, Excel, mail, Quicktime, Vuze and Safari.
Any advise?

Warm regards,

Morgan

Thanks!

Allright, this seems to solve the problem (but still kind of weird):

Posted by Jokestr:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/111...-slowly-begins-static-distort-10-8-5-a-3.html

Upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

You're welcome - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

Okay, so the problem still occurs.

I changed my settings in Audio MIDI Setup from 44100.0 to 48000.0 Hz.
Now I'm using Logic Pro and the static noise came back again.
Didn't have problems with other applications today.

When I went back to check out my Audio MIDI Setup app, Hz was set back to 441000.0.
When I wanted to change that, it was impossible. Maybe because my Logic Pro project is 441000.0 Hz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back