Gigabyte GTX 670 OC, 2go
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello folks,

I have bought a PC with a GA Z77-D3H, the parts are about to be delivered.
I didn't notice the D3H have sound and sleep incompatibilities and that the D3SH didn't.

My question is may I fix the waking from sleep problem known on this motherboard?
Sound problems are not important because i use a professional external audio usb device.

So even if i don't really need sleep because i am composer and am constantly behind the computer is there some kext or stuff?

I don't know which bios will be delivered with the motherboard, should i flash it?

Thank you

Ps: I will deliver more information once i'll get the stuff, probably tomorrow..

Anyone?

I just need to know how to fix the waking from sleep issues.

I didn't have any sleep problems with the DS3H. I used the Non-DSDT method but I also use the onboard Intel 4000 Graphics. I only had to install 2 kexts, the Atheros and Sound. Also I am not sure what BIOS revision you are on and I don't know the most stable version and I didn't flash mine as everything worked so I left it alone. If you use another Graphic card did you disable the Intel 4000? The 3D bios takes some getting used to also and you may want to double check all the settings. There is a PCIe Compliancy setting that is on a submenu that my system wouldn't see the Decklink cards I use initially, I set it to Version 2 and all worked perfect, then I went and installed another type of card that would only work with Auto for that setting and had to scrap that idea.

Good luck, you may end up just setting it to not sleep but screensave on.

Thank you for replying!

I would like to have a DS3H but I have the D3H.
If you own the DS3H I believe you had no problems with all this stuff but finally as you just said I can disable the sleep mode and let go the screensaver because it's a desktop, not a great loss through..

I've read that the HD4000 graphics were natively accepted by the Mountain Lion. And no I don't use other GC because it's mainly a music computer;
Atheros is for the included wifi nope?

Anyway thank you for replying, I will test all these possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back