Contribute
Register

Z690 Gigabyte Gaming X DDR4 - 64GB Kingston 3200 HyperX Fury - Intel i7-12700KF - Gigabyte RX6600XT

This is seriously looking like my next build!

Can I ask what works / doesn't work, and what version of macOS are you using (Sorry if I missed it)?
For me everything works (Facetime, Messages, iCloud, etc.) apart from Sidecar due to the lack of supportEd IGPU.

I'm totally out of touch with dGPU's. Would this one be OK as the one you list isn't stocked: "Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card". Also wondering what kind of noise these throw out when not gaming?

Thank you very much for your EFI and BIOS Settings. I used this as a base for a very similar setup. Worked like a charm!
For Ventura 13.2 I had to update BlueToolFixup.kext for BlueTooth (USB Dongle) to work and RestrictEvents.kext to get rid of the "memory modules misconfigured" warning message popping up on every reboot.
Here is my EFI for OpenCore 0.8.8 if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• EFI_0.8.8.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 94
For me everything works (Facetime, Messages, iCloud, etc.) apart from Sidecar due to the lack of supportEd IGPU.
I Just install my new Hackintosh config which is pretty the same as you.
I do it in Dual boot with Windows 10 and macOS Monterey on separate drives. Everything works except iCloud and all the features like Airdrop, Facetime and everything attach to ICloud. When I try to log in it, I got the error message "Unsupported Device".

Do you have any idea where it come from ? Maybe it's because I use Monterey, should I install Big Sur instead?
or use the Ivy Bridge build for Monterey.

UPDATE: I found what it was, It was a mess about SMBIOS and the Series Numbers between ROM, MLB

Last edited:
I'm totally out of touch with dGPU's. Would this one be OK as the one you list isn't stocked: "Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card". Also wondering what kind of noise these throw out when not gaming?

the fans stay off until the card gets to 50c temp then the fans come on for a few seconds before turning off, so when non-gaming the card for the most part is quiet.

I have uploaded EFI for OC 0.9.2 & 0.9.3 if anyone would like a copy.. just need to make sure you add your own serial numbers, Resizable BAR / Above 4G Decoding enabled in BIOS & add your own USB port mappings when done.

Also updated information in post 1

Last edited:
I have uploaded EFI for OC 0.9.2 & 0.9.3 if anyone would like a copy.. just need to make sure you add your own serial numbers, Resizable BAR / Above 4G Decoding enabled in BIOS & add your own USB port mappings when done.

Also updated information in post 1
Have you tried updaing to any newer BIOS. I think Gigabyte is up to F25 now.

Frank

Back