Contribute
Register

Z690 Ethernet with Sonoma

Look no further: Your on-board AQC113C is at a different path.
This not so hard to find: In Hackintool, go to the "PCIe" tab, click on the "Export" button below and post the file here. Alternatively, post your IOReg.
Found it! I changed config.plist with the right path too, is there another place where I need to update this? (the guide is not very precise, i.e. "Take the PciRoot path and slot name from the patch generated by HackinTool and paste them into the required entry like this"). Also, in config.plist, at "AAPL,slot-name" should I change the value from Internal@0,1,0/0,0 to Internal@0,1C,0/0,0 (my ethernet card path is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0))?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 12.40.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 12.40.48 PM.png
    599.1 KB · Views: 42
I changed my config.plist with the right path for my ethernet card and I also changed the value of AAPL,slot-name to Internal@0,1C,0/0,0 and I am happy to say I am typing this from my Sonoma installation (Wi-Fi is not working, but Bluetooth is ;)).
A big "Thank you" to everyone who posted, it really helped a lot.

P.S.: The Sonoma update also unlocked my Odyssey Neo G7 to 4k 48-165Hz variable refresh rate :headbang:!

You need to use the appropriate Airportitlwm.kext for Sonoma, not the kext you used with Ventura or Monterey. As each major macOS release such as Ventura & Sonoma has its own separate kext, they are not interchangeable between macOS major releases.

See the link to the Sonoma beta kext at the botTom of this GitHub page.

Back