CPU
i9-12900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I updated to macOS Sonoma earlier and now my Wi-Fi is not working (though Bluetooth is). My wireless adapter is a Fenvi bcm94360ng (which wasn't fun to install in my Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master) and I understand that Apple dropped the support for it in Sonoma...
Is there a way to get the wireless card or my built-in ethernet card (Aquantia AQC113C) to work? I have tried to enable ACQ113C by setting DisableIoMapper to False and ForceAquantiaInternet to True in my config.plist (OC 0.9.5), but when I go to Network in System Settings I only see the Wi-Fi option (greyed out in Sonoma). I am attaching my EFI and I hope someone can point me in the right direction, either about the Wi-Fi card or the Ethernet one.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 56
That is standard fare for Sonoma, as Apple dropped support for the older Broadcom BCM4360 series of WiFi cards.

There is a work around using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher. The OCLP developers have created a Broadcom Root patch for Sonoma, which reinstates WiFi on the old BCM4360*** cards.

They are also working on a different method to get these old Broadcom cards working, that doesn't require root patching and disabling SIP etc. so patience might be the byword for these cards. OR use OCLP.

Have a read of this post regarding your Ethernet issues.

Is there a way to get the wireless card or my built-in ethernet card (Aquantia AQC113C) to work? I have tried to enable ACQ113C by setting DisableIoMapper to False and ForceAquantiaInternet to True in my config.plist (OC 0.9.5), but when I go to Network in System Settings I only see the Wi-Fi option (greyed out in Sonoma). ...
Some questions regarding 10GbE:
  • Which version of macOS were you running before upgrading to Sonoma?
  • Was Aquantia AQC110C working in that version?
  • Is AppleVTD enabled? We can check this by running IORegistryExplorer and looking near the top of the device tree
  • Does the 10Gig Ethernet card appear in System Information -> Ethernet?
Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.33.38 AM.png

Some questions regarding 10GbE:
  • Which version of macOS were you running before upgrading to Sonoma?
  • Was Aquantia AQC110C working in that version?
  • Is AppleVTD enabled? We can check this by running IORegistryExplorer and looking near the top of the device tree
  • Does the 10Gig Ethernet card appear in System Information -> Ethernet?
View attachment 572269
Before upgrading to Sonoma, I was on Ventura 13.4.1.
The Ethernet wasn't working in that version either.
Apple VTD seems to be enabled.
The Ethernet card does not appear in System Information-> Ethernet.
The screenshots are from Ventura 13.4.1, my backup, since I cannot connect to the Internet on Sonoma.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.50.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.50.36 AM.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.53.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.53.53 AM.png
    45 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Have a read of this post regarding your Ethernet issues.

I did look at that thread before posting here and I did try the proposed solution. Sadly, it didn't change anything for me. I copied the changes to config.plist verbatim from the post though, maybe that's where the problem is; I did that because I couldn't find the Hackintool Patch options as described in that thread.

A device being supported by Apple, and one that works out of the box (OOB) are two different things, as you have found out.

Supported doesn't alway mean it will work in a Hack painlessly!

Best you follow the advice from @CaseySJ, as he is better informed about these Ethernet controllers and the issues that can arise when trying to get them working.

I copied the changes to config.plist verbatim from the post though, maybe that's where the problem is; I did that because I couldn't find the Hackintool Patch options as described in that thread.
Look no further: Your on-board AQC113C is at a different path.
This not so hard to find: In Hackintool, go to the "PCIe" tab, click on the "Export" button below and post the file here. Alternatively, post your IOReg.

Back