i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Hi team,

Was a happy camper with my 10.8.3, and had all my music setup installed. I had everything working fine (except my ATI 69xx, but I used the HD3000 of the MB instead, so all was fine).

However, I upgraded to 10.8.4 straight from the App store, and at next boot, my box went to white screen (with the frozen spinning wheel). Booting in verbose mode, I see some errors as "sound insertion in applehdagenericcodec at line 350", but nothing else obvious. I've upgraded multibeast, reinstalled the sound driver for my card (889), the only thing that changed is that the sound insertion is at line 360 :D

I can boot in safe mode, and it all goes well. But no sound and no gfx acceleration, so it's useless. I've been looking through so many forum posts that I lost track of time and spent countless hours rebooting and rebooting and rebooting ...

I would like to avoid reinstalling as much as possible (the sound setup takes a long time to install, upgrade, and tweak). What is the best way to troubleshoot who's the culprit, and how to fix it ?

Cheers,
Petzi

Is your ATI 69xx card physically installed and you are using the integrated Intel HD 3000 GPU? If so, move the file ati6000controller.kext out of your S/L/E folder, reboot normally and the white screen should go away. That's what happened to me at least.

My machine is a Z68X-UDH3-B3, i7 2600k, ATI HD6950, using Intel HD 3000 (given up on trying to get the ATI HD6950 to work :banghead: ), and running 10.8.4 with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back