Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I sent my Rev 1.3 motherboard back because LAN died and they replace it with a Rev 1.0 board a week later.

For the life of me I can't work out the difference between the two revisions. Are there any real changes to the board and its components and how would this change affect my current set-up which was configured for the rev 1.3 board?

Should I keep the board and flash it to F10 or get it replaced with a 1.3?

Can't get my head around it because I cant notice any differences and I don't think they would release two revisions if the only difference is in the BIOS which can be updated.

Steve

I believe the revision 1.3 has the PCIe Gen 3 support.

Why would they downgrade you to a 1.0 rev when you bought the 1.3 in the first place?

If the DSDT database has different DSDT for both revisions then you can delete the DSDT file on your system and replace with the correct revision 1.0 and reinstall using MB again with the same settings used for the 1.3.

Why they gave me a 1.0 board even though i made it clear it was 1.3, i couldnt tell you.

Based on your response I'm assuming pci gen 3 is a hardware thing and not a software thing.

Yeah, the only hardware I can see was upgraded.

What I know, the only difference is that Rev 1.3 (I have this one too) has support for Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.0. The rest of the hardware looks like exactly the same if you look on the specs at Gigabytes website.

Thanks Gordo,

So in essence they are both great boards and the quality is the same.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back