Contribute
Register

Z68X-UD3H-B3 latest DSDT - wake issues (Partial Solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badeendje said:
I've got the same board, experienced the same, tried the same options and came to the same conclusions; however I did go 1 step further.

From what I could figure out the rev2.0 PCB works better with complete support, several people have confirmed this and I've also been able to confirm this. However I got a rev1.0 board myself and the same solutions won't work. After some more testing I'm pretty sure it's the power management to the usb ports causing the issue.

It's sad but you probably won't ever be able to have sleep function 100%.

Is Rev2.0 brand new? I have Rev1.3 I did not know there was a Rev2.0 released.

I meant rev1.3, got several projects/boards at the same time over here and was a bit confused :p Sorry 'bout that.

Anyways 1.3 should be able to fully work, sleep included.
Be sure to use the dsdt with sleep fix from the tread or bios 11 or 12 from the frontpage.

Badeendje said:
I meant rev1.3, got several projects/boards at the same time over here and was a bit confused :p Sorry 'bout that.

Anyways 1.3 should be able to fully work, sleep included.
Be sure to use the dsdt with sleep fix from the tread or bios 11 or 12 from the frontpage.

No - Rev1.3 does not fully work unfortunately - that is what this thread is about!
For me and a number of others rear USB ports are problematic if Using Lnx2mac driver which is the recommended driver. Bluetooth is also affected as reported earlier in the thread. this is with all the tested DSDT Bios combinations listed earlier!

Using the Official Realtek Driver is a temporary solution.

Of course the issue of not ejecting USB drives when sleeping also exists but I have not mentioned it as this is such a well known and reported issue and at present there is no fix for this. A temporary fix is to use Jettison to eject USB drives prior to sleep.

I can now add another piece of information to this puzzle!

After enabling USB 3.0 in the Bios and installing the USB 3.0 driver from Multibeast I put the machine to sleep.

The result - the machine reverted to the same condition as when the Lnx2mac ethernet driver was installed. (In this instance it is the Realtek Official driver in use).

that is the same situation as in my 2nd post in this thread

This makes me think that something is still astray with the way USB in general is working.

Macman, if you read this are you aware of continuing USB anomalies.

I have the same mobo/cpu. I don't OC and don't use a graphics card (HD 3000). My system is connected to a KVM switch via DVI and USB (back panel). On the KVM, I have a USB Targus BT dongle (Mighty mouse) and a Logitech Unifying Receiver for the K750 Mac Solar KB. I also use L2M's Ethernet driver.

I don't have any other USB external devices connected. I can sleep and wake-up with a tap of the KB space bar. The Mighty Mouse takes only a few seconds (vs. 10-12 seconds) and Internet access with a browser is available as soon as I get mouse control.

See my build description for a list of my other components in Zorro.

Bottom line: Your wake-up problem is probably due to several things, including OC'ing, Apple BT mod, even ram type. But, I can tell you that L2M's Ethernet driver has no, repeat, no, affect on any of my systems. Myth. Don't care what others say. Myth. We've tested the crap out this problem, and the knowledgeable Moderators are pointing toward the DSDT fixes due to the mobo design. (Sorry, I'm an aeronautical engineer, not an electronic engineer, so I'm not into the guts of these systems.)

i can confirm that after removing Lnx2mac & put official Realtek driver my USB RME BABYFACE(sound card) working after wake up! REV 1.3
big thanx to the_gael !!!!:)

I got it working by disabling the USB3 (no need for it anyways) plus onboard ethernet.
Only works on 1.3, no solution to 1.0.
Managed to get it working with a variety of bios versions and boards so I'm pretty positive this is the fix.
As for version 1.0, that revisions seems to have a slightly different working of the usb ports most probably caused by power issues.

I have a old Mac keyword (White Model A1048) which has usb ports on it that I feed in a microsoft mouse, after which it goes in the second usb port in the back.

I never shutdown the mac only sleep.

So for the most part USB after wake is quick and functional but occasionally it is not. When this happens both keyboard and mouse do not work (the led on the underside of the mouse is not on), and reconnecting the keyboard does not work and I have reset the Mac. Just very annoying when this happens.

Any thoughts or any other bios tweaks I could do to fix this? Or just live with it?

Thanks

Here are my details.

Hardware:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. HW version 1.3, Bios F12
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb
GeForce GTS 250
Corsair 120Gb Force 3 Series
i5-2500k (Overclocked to 4.0Ghz on Coolermaster Hyper 212+)
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Corsair TX750 Powersupply

Software:
Clean install of Lion 10.7 (Using the unibeast 4.5.2 installer), then went straight to 10.7.4 Combo installer from the Apple site.
Using the newest DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F12.aml file from the Database.

Bios Tweaks:
ACHI mode, HPET 64-bit mode, Disable onboard LAN and Firewire (bought separate supported PCI cards

Stork said:
Bottom line: Your wake-up problem is probably due to several things, including OC'ing, Apple BT mod, even ram type. But, I can tell you that L2M's Ethernet driver has no, repeat, no, affect on any of my systems. Myth. Don't care what others say. Myth. We've tested the crap out this problem, and the knowledgeable Moderators are pointing toward the DSDT fixes due to the mobo design.

Would CPU differences be a possible factor? We found with 10.7.4 that some Sandy Bridge chips had power management problems but others not.

Stork said:
I have the same mobo/cpu. I don't OC and don't use a graphics card (HD 3000). My system is connected to a KVM switch via DVI and USB (back panel). On the KVM, I have a USB Targus BT dongle (Mighty mouse) and a Logitech Unifying Receiver for the K750 Mac Solar KB. I also use L2M's Ethernet driver.

I don't have any other USB external devices connected. I can sleep and wake-up with a tap of the KB space bar. The Mighty Mouse takes only a few seconds (vs. 10-12 seconds) and Internet access with a browser is available as soon as I get mouse control.

See my build description for a list of my other components in Zorro.

Bottom line: Your wake-up problem is probably due to several things, including OC'ing, Apple BT mod, even ram type. But, I can tell you that L2M's Ethernet driver has no, repeat, no, affect on any of my systems. Myth. Don't care what others say. Myth. We've tested the crap out this problem, and the knowledgeable Moderators are pointing toward the DSDT fixes due to the mobo design. (Sorry, I'm an aeronautical engineer, not an electronic engineer, so I'm not into the guts of these systems.)

Stork, thanks for your reply I have used your Zorro thread a fair bit trying to find what the difference is. Our builds are very similar. Board, cpu, very similar RAM etc...

I was of exactly the same opinion as what you suggest and have done extensive testing. I have tested by removing my graphics card and using HD3000, removing the Apple A1114 bluetooth module, removing the Apple Extreme Wireless and building exactly as you did with Zorro. I also selected your choices in Multibeast. I repeated the tests on fresh Bios updates or downgrades F10, F11, F12 using appropriate DSDT and standard SSDT. No overclock, the only change in the Advanced section of the bios being the amount of RAM allocated to the HD3000. I also chose profile 1 for my RAM. These tests were all done on a freshly partitioned HDD and Lion 10.7.4 installed via Unibeast. I did a standard UserDSDT install adding only Sound - ALCxxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback, Disk - 3rd Party SATA, FakeSMC PLugins - Motherboard Plugins, Network - Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet, SSDT - Core i7.

I had nothing else connected to the machine apart from Apple Aluminium Keyboard and Mighty mouse.

After wake from sleep I had a delay of around 15-20 seconds when the mouse/keyboard were connected to the rear USB ports.

I manually deleted RealtekRTL81xx.kext and using Multibeast installed the Realtek driver - this got rid of the delay with the rear USB ports.

I have done many other tests as well but the only conclusion I can come to is that there is something we have not understood affecting USB and only on some Z68X-UD3H-B3 boards.

I noticed that nommex who posted immediately after you also had success with a USB device following removing the Lnx2mac driver. So some of us, but not all, have an issue which for some reason is affected by this driver.

I also note that your keyboard is connected to a KVM is this powered?

Edited to ask
Can Zorro successfully unmount a USB HDD when it goes to sleep without having to use Jettison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back