Contribute
Register

Z68X-UD3H-B3 latest DSDT - wake issues (Partial Solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 Bios F8
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(For Partial Solution CLICK HERE)

Is there anything else that needs to be done to allow proper Wake with the latest Z68 DSDT's? i.e. is there a specific USB setting in the BIOS that needs to be set?

I am continuing to have USB Wake issues with latest DSDT F12, Bios F12, UserDSDT MB 4.5.2 + Sound, 3rd Party SATA, FAKESMC Plugins motherboard and Radeon, Lnx2Mac Ethernet and SSDT (same with either i7, i7 OC or my edited i7 OC+).

Re: Z68X-UD3H-B3 latest DSDT - wake issues

The issues I am experiencing are that with Apple Aluminium USB Keyboard and Mighty Mouse connected to any of the rear USB ports I get a 12-15 second delay before they are available after wake.

If I connect my Apple A1114 Bluetooth module to any of the onboard USB headers my Apple Wireless Keyboard is not available after Wake and neither is my Magic mouse. It also stops the USB KB and Mouse working on the rear ports after wake.

Strange!

Have disconnected A1114 in the meantime!

I have the same board but on Bios F9. I got the exactly same issue after I upgraded to 10.7.4. There is no issue in 10.7.3.
BTW, the delay after wake is probably caused by lnx2mac driver with our on board NIC, I am using Realtek official driver and don't have the delay after wake anymore. BUT, bridge mode in Parallel or VMWare stopped working. Have to sacrifice something. :D

i have issues with my USB rme babyface sound card after wake up
on bios F12 (10.7.4 & 10.7.3)

Yes - I also have issues with USB after wake.
I believe that USB issues after sleep on Z68 is still an issue with no resolution.

However my understanding of what Tony and Macman said is that the latest DSDT's should address the issue with wake after sleep. In the same way as the EHCI edits to the DSDT did on 10.7.3.

It now appears as if we are experiencing the same issues as before the EHCI edit solution.

Tony or macman if you see this could you comment please! Are we doing something wrong or are we missing something?

The issue could be board/BIOS specific as I'm having no issues on a Z68XP-UD3 or a Z68MA-D2H.

MacMan said:
The issue could be board/BIOS specific as I'm having no issues on a Z68XP-UD3 or a Z68MA-D2H.

OK thank you. I will do some more testing as I have not really had much time to look at it.

Have now tested m Z68X-UD3H-B3 using Bios F12 and DSDT F12, Bios F11 and DSDT F11 and finally Bios F10 and DSDT F10.

My machine with the exact same hardware had wake from sleep working instantly using front and rear USB ports on Bios F10 and DSDT F10 when it was running 10.7.3

Now on 10.7.4 and the three tested DSDT/Bios combinations all give the same result.
I have instant USB Mouse and Keyboard availability after wake if I use Front USB but using any of the rear USB ports gives a 15 seconds delay before Mouse and Keyboard are available.

Have removed my Bluetooth module while testing this so that it does not cloud the issue.

Remembering previous similar issues which appeared to revolve around the Lnx2mac driver I removed the Lnx2mac driver and installed the Official Realtek one instead.

That resolved the delay on the rear USB ports. This was true on all the variations of Bios/DSDT which I had previously tested. (See the post immediately before this one)

I wondered if this had affected Bluetooth Wake to any extent so I reattached my A1114 Module.

Sleep and Wake would work in all Bios/DSDT combinations as above once with the Apple Wireless KB and Magic Mouse taking a 15-20 second wait before being available. USB Keyboard and Mouse continued to operate correctly which they had not when the Lnx2mac driver was in use.

However if the machine slept a 2nd time without being re-booted Bluetooth would not function correctly again after Wake until a Reboot was performed.
USB Keyboard and Mouse would continue to work in this scenario.

So on my board removing the Lnx2mac driver and using the Realtek Official one makes a huge improvement to USB KB/Mouse Wake with them being instantly available on all ports.

This also improves Bluetooth performance but does not completely fix the issue.

(Incidentally I also discovered that making a BIOS upgrade/downgrade will also break Bluetooth wake and it will not function until the connector cable is moved to a different onboard header).

Macman - I hope these findings might be helpful in trying to resolve this issue some of us are facing.

I've got the same board, experienced the same, tried the same options and came to the same conclusions; however I did go 1 step further.

From what I could figure out the rev2.0 PCB works better with complete support, several people have confirmed this and I've also been able to confirm this. However I got a rev1.0 board myself and the same solutions won't work. After some more testing I'm pretty sure it's the power management to the usb ports causing the issue.

It's sad but you probably won't ever be able to have sleep function 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back