i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys just wondering has anyone tried out the new U1c(UEFI BIOS) available from gigabyte.com?
I have a ivy bridge processor so I need either the F13 or UEFI bios and evey post or tutorial nowadays has the UEFI bios in it and not the regular F**bios. Being a bit of a noob I find it very hard to follow them and have yet to get a working install of moutain lion going. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Hey guys just wondering has anyone tried out the new U1c(UEFI BIOS) available from gigabyte.com?
I have a ivy bridge processor so I need either the F13 or UEFI bios and evey post or tutorial nowadays has the UEFI bios in it and not the regular F**bios. Being a bit of a noob I find it very hard to follow them and have yet to get a working install of moutain lion going. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Hi mate. i installed the uefi bios yesterday evening, its quite easy to do (if you have a windows partition or acces to a windows machine)

Linky
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html
then go here
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3974#bios

download and just extract the contents of the download to the usb. then reboot and press f12 and choose usb-hdd.

i had no probs installing to be honest, but i did it on my f12 bios with GraphicsEnabler=No. i removed all my hard drives bar the ssd i was installing to. it may be a different ballgame with the new bios though. im going to do a clean install now i have the bios installed tonight, see how i go : )

everything working and mhy gtx 680 even functions (only on 2 monitors at the moment though :( ) only issue i have is ...well its a bit slow, my lion install was deffo faster at booting up stuff. not sure but im thinking there may be an issue soewhere, anyone any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back