Contribute
Register

Z68MA-D2H-B3 Wake From Sleep, Spinning Beach Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nacht, you mentioned you are using the Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics. Do you have full QE/CI support and native display resolution with your configuration? I remember having sleep problems when my HD3000 wasn't fully working.

What's /var/log/kernel.log saying just before/after sleep?

apfeleimer said:
Nacht, you mentioned you are using the Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics. Do you have full QE/CI support and native display resolution with your configuration? I remember having sleep problems when my HD3000 wasn't fully working.

the log has no errors in it. can i ask which kext your using and where i can download it. (i forgot where mine came from (intelhdgraphics support by mano).

Nacht said:
apfeleimer said:

the log has no errors in it. can i ask which kext your using and where i can download it. (i forgot where mine came from (intelhdgraphics support by mano).
Did you get them from here? http://www.osx86.net/view/1482-intel_hd_graphics.html I am afraid these kexts are not for Intel Sandy Bridge (HD 3000) but for Clarkdale/Arrandale. For Intel Sandy Bridge you don't need any additional or modified kexts. All you need is
- the original kexts AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (for Lion 10.7.0 and 10.7.1) or AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext (for Lion 10.7.2) and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
- a recent Chimera (e.g. 1.5.4.1) with "Graphicsenabler = Yes" in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

apfeleimer said:
Nacht said:
apfeleimer said:

Did you get them from here? http://www.osx86.net/view/1482-intel_hd_graphics.html I am afraid these kexts are not for Intel Sandy Bridge (HD 3000) but for Clarkdale/Arrandale. For Intel Sandy Bridge you don't need any additional or modified kexts. All you need is
- the original kexts AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (for Lion 10.7.0 and 10.7.1) or AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext (for Lion 10.7.2) and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
- a recent Chimera (e.g. 1.5.4.1) with "Graphicsenabler = Yes" in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

you guys are really have been an awesome help, thank you

as part of the HD3000 thread i downloaded AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for 10.7.1 from //www.osx86.net.

i loaded them as is and they did not work then i made the id edit as suggested and my system will no longer load (i made edit on another machine then installed with a permission repair as recommended).

i posted here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26370&start=150

i used Device ID: 0x0122 as it shows up in my graphics tab in system profiler (but i am not sure that is the ID that they are looking for)

Re: SOLVED: Z68MA-D2H-B3 Wake From Sleep, Spinning Beach Ball

cosmicjoke said:
Ok, everything is working beautifully now after sleep.

My issue w/ spinning beach ball on wake w/ the SSD AND "the disk was not ejected properly" (on my Super Duper drive, i suspect the SSD would have done it as well if it could have made it past the spinning beach ball) both were solved w/ a DSDT edit... the Native SATA DSDT edit (thought it was only cosmetic, I know as a side effect it breaks hot swapping, but I can live with that because I don't use the feature anyways).

For reference, http://pastebin.com/94Bxd6ru This is what I changed in my DSDT.

Just to follow up:

The native SATA DSDT edit that is provided here solved the issue on my Mac, too. You need to be comfortable editing your own DSDT, but the stickied posts here should be able to walk you through it.

I later found this alternative program that should (in theory) cleanly unmount your external drives before letting your Mac sleep. I haven't tried it, but unlike SleepWatcher (which was proposed earlier), this is a Mac-native app that doesn't require you to muck with shell scripts.

http://www.macworld.com/article/163496/ ... c.rss_main

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back