Contribute
Register

Z68MA-D2H-B3 Wake From Sleep, Spinning Beach Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! I look forward to deploying these fixes. Thanks.

ok i am beating my head against the wall trying to get sleep to work on this board.

i have the downloaded DSDT and have tried a variety of extra kexts. if one of you would not mind telling my what all you did to get things going i would appreciate it

Nacht said:
ok i am beating my head against the wall trying to get sleep to work on this board.

i have the downloaded DSDT and have tried a variety of extra kexts. if one of you would not mind telling my what all you did to get things going i would appreciate it

what exactly do you want to know?

Nacht said:

Tell us more about the problem you're experiencing... make sure the file is named DSDT.aml (case-sensitive) and in your Extras folder. Make sure you're using the kernel flag darkwake=0 in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist (or w/e it's called in Chimera).... Make sure you've applied the perl patch for cmos reset... from terminal:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Check every option in energy saver.

Do all these things and get back with us, and describe in detail everything that happens when you try to sleep...

cosmicjoke said:
Nacht said:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

do i type that exactly as you have it all at once?

i have the downloaded DSDT for my board from the database. darkwake is on.

i have also tried with and without sleepenabler.kext and nullCPUmanagment.kext as suggested in other posts.

i got my Blutooth adapter working BT211 however wake from bluetooth is grey although i am not using an BT key/mouse at this point. and when i tried trouble shooting i disconnected the BT module altogether.

so really what i am looking for is a "how to" (assuming i have done everything wrong till now... what kexts you have (and from what source as i am finding not all kexts are the same even if the name is) what edits you made and any bios settings.

thanks

Nacht said:
cosmicjoke said:
Nacht said:

do i type that exactly as you have it all at once?

i have the downloaded DSDT for my board from the database. darkwake is on.

i have also tried with and without sleepenabler.kext and nullCPUmanagment.kext as suggested in other posts.

i got my Blutooth adapter working BT211 however wake from bluetooth is grey although i am not using an BT key/mouse at this point. and when i tried trouble shooting i disconnected the BT module altogether.

so really what i am looking for is a "how to" (assuming i have done everything wrong till now... what kexts you have (and from what source as i am finding not all kexts are the same even if the name is) what edits you made and any bios settings.

thanks

just copy and paste the text, it's one line... do NOT use nullcpupowermanagement.kext and sleepenabler.kext

for speedthrottling, use chameleon/chimera in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or w/e it's called in Chimera (sorry i do everything by hand w/ chameleon)
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

as for kexts, all i use is fakesmc.kext, lnx2mac's realtek lan kext, and a patched applehda.kext.... that's it...

for sleep i use the darkwake=0 as kernel flag, that perl patch for cmos reset, and have everything checked in system preferences > energysaver (my mind escapes me as to which one specifically causes reset on wake atm)

do those things w/ the DSDT.aml (titled like that in Extras) and you should get sleep..

what specifically happens when you try to sleep? describe it.

i just did the patch no help (although coming back from sleep has not been an issue since i can not get to sleep)

i do not know if my appleHDA is patched

everything else i have already done.

what happens is my mouse will dissapear and thats it. when i use my mouse to wake it it then reapears, monitor never turns off and system fans keep humming along. i am using the onboard VGA and the intel 3000 kexts to go with it.

thank you again

Nacht said:
i just did the patch no help (although coming back from sleep has not been an issue since i can not get to sleep)

i do not know if my appleHDA is patched

everything else i have already done.

what happens is my mouse will dissapear and thats it. when i use my mouse to wake it it then reapears, monitor never turns off and system fans keep humming along. i am using the onboard VGA and the intel 3000 kexts to go with it.

thank you again

I have definitely seen that behavior before on my first build, I think it happens when you use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. You removed it & rebuilt a kext cache (if you were using one), right?

Have you seen this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36044&start=0

Did it work for you? I've sleep/wake-up working with only these mods in the /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back