Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS
CPU
E5-2697 V3
Graphics
GTX 760
I have spent the last 4 hours on this and am at my wit's end. I had it working in Snow Leopard, but obviously Lion is a different beast.

I have attached quite a few files that are hopefully everything that is needed to make this work.

Hardware:
i7-2600
Gigabyte Z68M-D2H Motherboard (ALC889)
XFX GT 240 512MB /w HDMI to some Sony TV

What I've Done: (followed the HDMI guide multiple times)
1. Edited DSDT to include HDAU (tried with GE=Y and GE=N and appropriate Nvidia edits). Both ways my video card is detected properly, Displayport/HDMI shows in system profiler, but no HDMI in System Preferences->Sound

2. Edited the beta ALC889 AppleHDA.kext for AppleHDAController and AppleHDA binaries.

3. Verified that my GFX0 and HDAU show up properly in ioreg. IOHDACodecDevice also shows quite a few entries.

I have tried this several times over and over, catching a few errors form the first time around, but am not longer certain what I have done wrong.

Any help (Toledo ;p) is greatly appreciated! Audio via the green jack is always working, but I would really like to get HDMI going.

Attachments

• HDMI Failure.zip
    2 MB · Views: 99
maleorderbride said:
I have spent the last 4 hours on this and am at my wit's end. I had it working in Snow Leopard, but obviously Lion is a different beast.
You missed a step in your HDMI audio dsdt edits.
Step 1 a. Additional DSDT Edits.
Add the connector-type injection to GFX0.
Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes for the GT 240.

Thanks Toleda.

I added in the connection info and now I get a completely normal verbose startup followed by a black screen and a reset.

I never see the mouse, no hang on a blue screen, just black screen for 3-5 seconds and restart.

Tracing my steps back, I started over with a fresh DSDT from the database and inserted the PEGP device, GFX0, and HDAU. I did this without the connection injections.

That allowed me to boot again normally and see HDAU, GFX0, and IOHDACodec all correctly within IOreg. Re-adding the connection info, compiling without errors, and then using the DSDT again resulted in black screen and reboot.

Any ideas? Is my XFX GT 240 different in some fashion?

maleorderbride said:
That allowed me to boot again normally and see HDAU, GFX0, and IOHDACodec all correctly within IOreg. Re-adding the connection info, compiling without errors, and then using the DSDT again resulted in black screen and reboot.

I mentioned the problem in the Optimized 889 AppleHDA.kext post. You have a couple of choices:
1. With the kext you have, replace the AppleHDA binary in AppleHDA.kext with the Optical Surround AppleHDA binary. you have to patch only the AppleHDA binary with the GT 240 AppleHDA binary edit (0d 00 de 10)
2. Download the Updated Optimized 889 AppleHDA.kext and patch both GT 240 device_ids.
If there is still a problem, I have one more choice.

toleda said:
maleorderbride said:

I mentioned the problem in the Optimized 889 AppleHDA.kext post. You have a couple of choices:
1. With the kext you have, replace the AppleHDA binary in AppleHDA.kext with the Optical Surround AppleHDA binary. you have to patch only the AppleHDA binary with the GT 240 AppleHDA binary edit (0d 00 de 10)
2. Download the Updated Optimized 889 AppleHDA.kext and patch both GT 240 device_ids.
If there is still a problem, I have one more choice.

Sorry Toleda. I remember reading about the black screen issue now--I will try both the above options.

Thanks for your help.

OK, I tried both: the optical AppleHDA binary binpatched for the GT 240 followed by the new Optimized AppleHDA.kext (binpatched both binaries).

The Optical AppleHDA binary allows me to boot, but does not show HDMI in system profiler. HDAU shows @0, but has no other entries. GFX0 and IOHDA@0 display correctly in IOreg. GE=No and appropriate DSDT edits has the same result.

The latest Optimized AppleHDA.kext results in the same black screen. GE=No and appropriate DSDT edits has the same result.

So, what's next? Anymore AppleHDA's that I might try?

maleorderbride said:
OK, I tried both: the optical AppleHDA binary binpatched for the GT 240 followed by the new Optimized AppleHDA.kext (binpatched both binaries).

The Optical AppleHDA binary allows me to boot, but does not show HDMI in system profiler. HDAU shows @0, but has no other entries. GFX0 and IOHDA@0 display correctly in IOreg. GE=No and appropriate DSDT edits has the same result.

The latest Optimized AppleHDA.kext results in the same black screen. GE=No and appropriate DSDT edits has the same result.

The optical version result indicates the GT 240 device_ids are not present. Did you replace the AppleHDA binary? Did you start with a new kext and change the binary in the new kext?

Nevertheless, try this. For the GT 240, one edit is required:
AppleHDA binary
HexEdit Find: 0a 00 de 10
HexEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10 (4 times)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
toleda said:
maleorderbride said:

The optical version result indicates the GT 240 device_ids are not present. Did you replace the AppleHDA binary? Did you start with a new kext and change the binary in the new kext?

Nevertheless, try this. For the GT 240, one edit is required:
AppleHDA binary
HexEdit Find: 0a 00 de 10
HexEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10 (4 times)

I had thought I re-edited the AppleHDA binaries in each case earlier, but I can check again.

However, with this current edit did you really mean to find 0a 00 de 10? That is not found within the AppleHDA binary. Based on the guide I have normally been:
HexEdit Find: 14 00 de 10
HedEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10

maleorderbride said:
However, with this current edit did you really mean to find 0a 00 de 10? That is not found within the AppleHDA binary. Based on the guide I have normally been:
Yes! 14 is for Fermi cards. 0a works better for GT 240.

toleda said:
maleorderbride said:
Yes! 14 is for Fermi cards. 0a works better for GT 240.

Well, the latest AppleHDA works!!! However, I again edited it replacing the 14. Searching for "0A 00 DE 10" within the AppleHDA binary returns no results.

I would like to switch it to the preferred option, but I can't find that 0A! Am I going crazy? Can you confirm that there is indeed 4x "0A 00 DE 10" within the AppleHDA binary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back