Contribute
Register

Z68 Sandy Bridge Hackintosh For Music Productions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z470 > Need manufactor and Full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Forum Rules!
hi guys
im here trying to build a stable system on sandy bridge.
im a total noob and dont have enough money to buy an imac
so here i am, asking for some advices

i know that i want my main board to be a z68 simiply because the new imac have it and i kinda think the ssd bus thing is kinda sweet.

and a SB 2600 without the k maybe...coz i wont go for OC
and a good firewire card for my future fireface 800 audio interface.

so yea...i really dunno what else to buy that will gave me a fully function and fully stable system...i will be using logic pro mainly with this Hackintosh..and maybe some gaming.
so if you guys could help me get a silent yet a decent graphic card, that would be great.

my bugget with the monitor is around 1500k

so... yea please help!! haha

I would suggest that you look in the tonymacx86 Music forum section to see what those guys are using. Your configuration will determine how you do your recording. viewforum.php?f=43

The z68 is on the cutting edge. However, tonymacx86 has stated that when Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is released by Apple, he'll update his recommend builds list with Sandy Bridge systems. Since Apple will probably release 10.6.8 real soon now, I'd wait to see his recommend builds because the components in each recommended build will work without issues, if pass experience is any indicator.

While you're waiting, check out the links to various items in my signature block as they will give you a good background on building a Hackintosh.

oh ic~~ when will it be released?? i can wait around 1month from now on...but not more than that hahah =p

As Lion (10.7) will be out in July, I suspect you'll see 10.6.8 before the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back