Graphics
Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Been using this system for more years I would admit, was still running Lion (I know, I know...).

It's always on, but I found it has rebooted, and the gigabyte bios (F6) was on screen suggesting to load safe defaults.

I set the BIOS at is has always been, see the Apple logo appear with the progress roulette, but after it switches to what should be the desktop loading, I see nothing more than a white screen, no mouse nor anything.

System doesn't finish booting, checked it from the network.

Have tried KernelCache=No, Graphics enabler, safe mode and verbose modes, but cannot see any message which hints what the problem is.

Tried also booting from a backup drive I have of the system, same issue. Tried the USB w/Multibeast I used to install it, same issue.

Disconnected all USB devices, same issue.

Took out the HD6870, it doesn't finish booting, but that's to be expected I guess, something should be done to Multibeast to use the HD3000?

I'm wondering if it could be possible to boot it using the HD3000? Looks like the HD6870 is failing, horizontal bars, etc,

Or will complete reinstall after taking out the HD6870 be the only solution?

Reading as much as I could, but it's been 7 years and I forgot almost everything :) any pointers will be more than welcome!

Last edited:
Yes, this was an issue for me too. I have exact same setup as you.

You have to setup using on-board video-DVI for me, then after install switch the to DVI or Mini -display port. I had so many issues after still being on Mountain Lion, I ended up doing an entire reinstall and restore from my TM backup. Good Luck.. I have it running with 10.13.6 and all latest updates. Also upgrade the Bios to 1n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back