Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

I don’t have a build posting for it but can tell you the Thunderbolt and USB mapping is different. Once you get it I can share more information with you if needed.
My new board will arrive tomorrow - I’d greatly appreciate it! I plan to set it up all myself but having someone’s working build to reference to would be greatly appreciated :)

My new board will arrive tomorrow - I’d greatly appreciate it! I plan to set it up all myself but having someone’s working build to reference to would be greatly appreciated :)
Sure, see if this helps. I'm using VoodooHDA to enable sound, gave up on vary ID's via AppleALC.kext. It required me to install the kext to L/E which is not usually recommended but it worked for both Big Sur and now Monterey. If you search for how look for VoodooHDA and "Kext-Droplet". Its available on a competing forums website.

Attachments

• MSIZ590iUnifyOC7.5EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 85
Hello to all of you.

I have a Z590 VISION D build working nicely, but the DP/HDMI audio coming from my dGPU is working terrible. I'm experiencing a crackling issues when I'm listening to music through the dGPU HDMI or DP (YouTube, VLC, etc.), audio through the onboard ALC4080 is working perfectly. My build is: Z590 VISION D (F7 BIOS), i7-11700K, Gigabyte Radeon RX580 Gaming 4GB with stock BIOS. I have working AppleVTD incl. enabled VT-d. I'm experiencing this issue on macOS Big Sur, Monterey and Ubuntu 20.04, 21.04, 22.10. On Windows 11 everything is working fine, no issues. I'm start to thinking it's a hardware problem or a BIOS setting. A strange effect: when I put load to the GPU the crackling goes away - no more crackling (both, macOS and Ubuntu). I have tried the GPU on my old build Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 5 with i7-7700K, but no crackling issues. Everything works perfectly.

What I have tried so far:
- CPU PCIe settings: PCIe Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, Auto - nothing changed
- PCH CPIe settings: PCIe Get 1, 2, 3, Auto - nothing changed
- VT-d: Enabled, Disabled - nothing changed
- XMP memory profile: Enabled, Disabled - nothing changed
- CPU C States: Disabled, Enabled - nothing changed

HDMI/DP audio crackling goes away, when:
- I put load to the GPU

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hello to all of you.

I have a Z590 VISION D build working nicely, but the DP/HDMI audio coming from my dGPU is working terrible. I'm experiencing a crackling issues when I'm listening to music through the dGPU HDMI or DP (YouTube, VLC, etc.), audio through the onboard ALC4080 is working perfectly. My build is: Z590 VISION D (F7 BIOS), i7-11700K, Gigabyte Radeon RX580 Gaming 4GB with stock BIOS. I have working AppleVTD incl. enabled VT-d. I'm experiencing this issue on macOS Big Sur, Monterey and Ubuntu 20.04, 21.04, 22.10. On Windows 11 everything is working fine, no issues. I'm start to thinking it's a hardware problem or a BIOS setting. A strange effect: when I put load to the GPU the crackling goes away - no more crackling (both, macOS and Ubuntu). I have tried the GPU on my old build Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 5 with i7-7700K, but no crackling issues. Everything works perfectly.

What I have tried so far:
- CPU PCIe settings: PCIe Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, Auto - nothing changed
- PCH CPIe settings: PCIe Get 1, 2, 3, Auto - nothing changed
- VT-d: Enabled, Disabled - nothing changed
- XMP memory profile: Enabled, Disabled - nothing changed
- CPU C States: Disabled, Enabled - nothing changed

HDMI/DP audio crackling goes away, when:
- I put load to the GPU

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
With BIOS F7 I notice Gigabyte explains that it fixes major vulnerabilities, and that it will not be possible to downgrade from this BIOS to earlier versions!

Is hotplug of Thunderbolt devices working in macOS ?

Hi! My name is Diego, i am from Argentina (sorry for my English)... I have Gigabyte Z590 Vision D F6 bios. No hotplug, but the problem is error 38 on the mix. Plugins Disabled, but not lost communication with the Satellite. I tried to change Settings on the bios like Buffer and Memory of the TB but not luck. Anyone with the same problem? Anyone fix this? THANKS!

@CaseySJ
Hi, I'm trying to build a build with another z590 vision D for my recording studio, and I'm thinking of flashing an Alpine Ridge. Will the alpine ridge hotplug be compatible with a z590 vision D?

So after reading like 50 pages of this it seems for z590 thunderbolt 4 hotplug:

z590 Vision D - not working
MSI MEG gaming - works but power consumption is wack
Asus Maximus XIII Hero - works

So maybe the Asus is the best best. But has anyone tried putting a BCM94360 in the Asus so it can get airdrop as well? I see it has a m.2 wifi slot so it should

Back