- May 3, 2020
- GIGABYTE Z590 Vision D
- RX 570
- Mobile Phone
there is a new bios version for gigabyte z590. could someone prove something? I will try now!
What issues are you having with thunderbolt on z590?I will try it now. My Hackintosh booted without complications, except those that I have been having with thunderbolt and my uad system. From what little I could see, the vtd is not there, and I use a fenvi, I don't know if that will prevent my hack from sleeping!
Yes, using comet lake i9 10850K. Do I have to change anything on oepncore config file? I use the one from @CODYQX4 which is version 7.2. Both of my machines are on bios version F5 and bigsur.If you use Comet Lake processor, iGPU can be enabled. But Rocket Lake iGPU is not supported by macOS.
Feel free to try the attached ZIP:Yes, use comet lake i9 10850K. Do I have to change anything on oepncore config file? I use the one from @CODYQX4 which is version 7.2. Both of my machines are on bios version F5 and bigsur.
Another issue I am facing in this build is internet sharing is not working(I use asus 10GbE card) on an adhoc connection. It seems built in DHCP server(bootpd) not working properly. I had no issue with my z390 designare mojave build.
Thanks for asking, sometimes I don't want to ask so many questions, so as not to pollute.What issues are you having with thunderbolt on z590?
I added above device property into my current v7.2 OC. Then deleted wegoff flag, and enabled igpu in the bios. The system didn't boot, instead it gave me a KP attack. After disabling igpu system booted without issues.Feel free to try the attached ZIP:
View attachment 530378
- This is for Gigabyte Z590 Vision D (Broadcom WiFi/BT)
- OpenCore 0.7.4
- Comet Lake CPU with UHD 630 iGPU
- BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> Enabled (not "Auto")
- The config.plist contains a new Device Properties entry shown below for iGPU. The PCIe Path is a guess based on my Z490 with Comet Lake. This may or may not need to be changed.
View attachment 530379
- Copy and paste your existing PlatformInfo credentials into the 5 fields shown below:
- Finally, it's always advisable to copy this to the EFI partition of a USB Flash Disk and boot from that disk by pressing F12 at Gigabyte Splash Screen and selecting the USB disk.
- The HDMI port on rear IO panel will not work (needs some more patch entries), but the two USB-C/TB4 ports should be able to drive a DisplayPort monitor when used with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable such as this one.