Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is it available to get the built in WiFi to work on this mob0 Z490 UD AC

I have tried many kexts but didn't work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 5.20.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 5.20.32 PM.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 94
I assume you mean you tried installing Itlwm.kext or AirportItlwm.kext and the Bluetooth Firmware/Injector kexts for your Intel WiFi 6 AX201 card.

You should be aware of the following when using the OpenIntelWireless kexts:

Itlwm.kext and AirportItlwm.kext should never be used together.

Itlwm.kext + Heliport app
  1. Itlwm.kext doesn't activate the Intel WiFi device as a WiFi device.
  2. It activates the WiFI device as if it were a second Ethernet connector. So some Apple features don't work.
  3. Itlwm.kext doesn't attach to the Apple WiFi setup, it requires a separate app to work.
  4. You have to download and install the Heliport application when using the Itlwm.kext for the network device to be recognised and so you can select the WiFi network you wish to connect to.
  5. Heliport app creates a secondary WiFi icon that appears on the macOS Menu bar, if you set the app to start and show the icon with each boot. This isn't set automatically, you have to edit the settings to make this happen.
  6. You then need to use the second WiFi Menu bar icon to select your network.
AirportItlwm.kext
  1. AirportItlwm.kext activates compatible Intel WiFi devices and it appears in the network System Preferences as if it were an Apple WiFi device. But with some limitations.
  2. A device activated by using AirportItlwm.kext will be seen and work with the Apple WiFi Menu bar icon.
Of the two options I have gone with AirportItlwm.kext, when using an intel WiFi card in a Laptop running macOS.

Intel Bluetooth.

You don't say which version of macOS you are running, there are different requirements for using an Intel WiFi/BT card in Monterey compared to Big Sur or older versions.

When running Monterey you need to do the following:
  1. Make sure IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v1.1.3 or newer is used.
  2. Exclude the injection of IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for macOS Monterey from the Bootloader's config.
  3. Include BlueToolFixup.kext from acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM(opens new window)
Big Sur or older versions should still use IntelBluetoothInjector.kext. The changes Apple made to the Bluetooth stack in Monterey are not present in the older versions of macOS, so the Injector is still required.

Here is a link to the Troubleshooting guide.

Which version of macOS are you running?

Do you have an Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet PCIe card installed in your system?

I have deleted the post you provided which contained your EFI, as you were stupid enough to post a copy of your config.plist with the Serial number etc. readable, so anyone could use it.

WIFI/BT issues:
You shouldn't have the MaxKernel > String > <20.99.99> set for IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext in your config.plist. This will disable the kext in any version of macOS newer than Big Sur. This is only required for the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 19.21.57.png Config.plist showing BT kext with incorrect entry

Remove the MaxKernel entry against the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and your BT module should work.

Other Issues:
  1. Do you have a discrete GPU you are looking to disable in your setup? If not, why are you using then SSDT-DDGPU.aml table?
  2. You are entering the DeviceProperties for an RX 5500 XT dGPU twice in your config.plist, under two different ACPI paths. Do you have 2 x RX 5500 XT cards in your system?
  3. You have a discrete GPU present in your system and you are using an iMac20,1 SMBIOS. So your IGPU should be set with a Headless framebuffer, not as you have set it to drive a display.
  4. You have DeviceProperties for a Realtek ALC887 and a ALC1220-VB codec in your config.plist, your motherboard uses the ALC887 codec, so why are you adding the ALC1220-VB device properties?
  5. You have kexts in your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist that are looking to enable an Intel 2.5Gb ethernet controller. When your motherboard uses a Realtek Ethernet controller.
  6. You have a bunch of unnecessary SSDT's in your setup, some of which you have at least disabled in the config.plist.
  7. You have an SSDT-HPET.aml in the /OC/ACPI folder, but don't have the essential ACPI > Patches that are required to have the SSDT work with your system in the config.plist.
  8. Did you generate the SSDT-HPET.aml, the SSDT-PLUG.aml, the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, the SSDT-AWAC.aml and the SSDT-RHUB.aml from your DSDT.aml using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script, or have you taken them from other users setups?
  9. You are enabling a Kernel > kext patch for an AQC 107 10 GbE device for Big Sur and Monterey, why?
On reflection I think your OC setup is a mess.

I am surprised it is just the WiFi and BT that are not working.

Hi Sboi,
I have used the below bluetooth and Wifi kexts, also check my EFI attached.

AirportItlwm.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 152
Hi Sboi,

AirportItlwm.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext
Hey sselshamy,
Thank you so much !
Finally fix the problem.
Have a nice day !

Hi Sboi,

AirportItlwm.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 15.17.00.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 15.17.00.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 15.18.06.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 15.18.06.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 43
Status