Contribute
Register

Z490 i9-10900 Build Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Clover simply didn't work with Z490/10th Gen CPUs. That's why people have been using OpenCore for these newer CPUs.

Okay that's a massive curveball, looks like I will have to figure out OpenCore, how easy is OpenCore in respective to clover?

I thought Clover simply didn't work with Z490/10th Gen CPUs. That's why people have been using OpenCore for these newer CPUs.

ahhh that may explain it then, looks like I will have to learn OpenCore

Okay that's a massive curveball, looks like I will have to figure out OpenCore, how easy is OpenCore in respective to clover?
This will be my first time using OpenCore as well, but the linked guide from fxbeta's post goes through it very thoroughly, currently working through it myself

I have yet to go through the OpenCore install process myself, but from what I've been reading it's not bad. Clover was a bit more black-box and dependent on finding the right files to copy from someone who has your exact same build. OpenCore seems to require a lot more manual configuration, but you end up with a better understanding of how your system is set up. Anyway, CaseySJ's guide is very thorough and the thread is full of great information and troubleshooting advice.

Good luck!

ahhh that may explain it then, looks like I will have to learn OpenCore
Update on my end, ran into issues using the EFI from CaseySJ's guide (for obvious reasons in retrospect, I was hoping I could get away with using the EFI for their system but alas), it would reach the end of the initial progress bar then stop. So make sure to have a look at the Dortania guide as well for specifics to your system, found it really useful so far. Will update again when I've progressed

Yes I have got macOS up and running
But my Ethernet is not working
now I have followed everything....
I have the IntelMausiEthermet.kext within my Kext folder but still no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back