GTX760 (4GB)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

I have been playing around for hours and I am unable to get Catalina to even start to install.
anybody built this combination?
MB: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU: Intel i9-10900
Graphics: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT OC 8GB
macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I am using clover, when I click install within clover it then loads up the Apple logo, no progress bar it just freezes with the Apple logo. I have searched this issue and tried a few options but none have solved this.
have I missed something?

I believe I have set all the bios options correctly

I tried booting up the install using safe mode and I have added the photo to what it showed

Attachments

• 467C17F0-3CAB-4FBF-A482-4F63BB90F09A.jpeg
    467C17F0-3CAB-4FBF-A482-4F63BB90F09A.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Update:

I have just tried all the same stuff but installing the older macOS Mojave
Same issue on this

I'm running into exactly the same issue, the only thing I could think of is that in the BIOS secure boot, mine is greyed out as SETUP rather than ENABLED or DISABLED. Have erased secure boot keys to no effect. Is your BIOS showing the same? Can anyone else confirm whether this could be the source of the problem?

EDIT for context: I've just upgraded my hardware, the build was running fine on i7 6700K with an ASUS H110M-K, no change aside from that between upgrading

Just a quick update.... I was running Gigabyte F3 and the latest bios is F7 so all updated. No got a really bad looking bios to match the motherboard, looks dreadful. But it now enables me to disable CFG-Lock so this might sort it out. Just using UniBeast to write a new copy and hopefully this works
image.jpg

Try this efi on your installer, worked for me on h410 and i5 10400
Okay let me work out how to do this and give it a go.... I have done hackintosh before but my knowledge is still basic

bios update has not worked

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
I thought Clover simply didn't work with Z490/10th Gen CPUs. That's why people have been using OpenCore for these newer CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back