Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I made a fresh Clover USB with the latest version - 5129 - and copied @pastrychef's EFI folder onto it. Got to Clover boot screen, booted off my system drive in Verbose mode, it ran through everything with no errors, but then goes to a black screen. Not sure how to troubleshoot. Anyone know what my next steps should be? I wanna get this Clover working so I can update to Big Sur.

I made a fresh Clover USB with the latest version - 5129 - and copied @pastrychef's EFI folder onto it. Got to Clover boot screen, booted off my system drive in Verbose mode, it ran through everything with no errors, but then goes to a black screen. Not sure how to troubleshoot. Anyone know what my next steps should be? I wanna get this Clover working so I can update to Big Sur.

Make sure you have the "agdpmod=pikera" (without the quotes) boot argument in config.plist.

Chef, you a genius! Just booted successfully off the USB with that flag change and your EFI. It should now be safe to update my system drive's Clover and replace the EFI, reboot, then install Big Sur, right?

Also - my other box is much simpler, and currently running Mojave. I wanna update it too. Do you know of a premade EFI I could use? Here's the build:
i5-4440​
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI​
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory​
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD​
Samsung 850 Pro Series 128 GB 2.5"SSD​
Apex MI-008 Mini ITX Tower Case w/250 W Power Supply​

Chef, you a genius! Just booted successfully off the USB with that flag change and your EFI. It should now be safe to update my system drive's Clover and replace the EFI, reboot, then install Big Sur, right?

Yes. Just update as you would on a real Mac.

Also - my other box is much simpler, and currently running Mojave. I wanna update it too. Do you know of a premade EFI I could use? Here's the build:
i5-4440​
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI​
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory​
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD​
Samsung 850 Pro Series 128 GB 2.5"SSD​
Apex MI-008 Mini ITX Tower Case w/250 W Power Supply​

I don't know... I've never worked with H97...

Updated to Big Sur. Rebooted a few times during installation, of course. I still have a "Boot macOS from Preboot" in Clover, and a "Boot macOS from homestar (my system drive)". I can't boot if I'm not in Safe Mode. Getting this panic:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80032f0082): "Rooting from the live fs of a sealed volume is not allowed on a RELEASE"

Found a post saying I need to disable Secure Boot in my config.plist, but I can't mount my EFI in Safe Mode to get to my config.

Updated to Big Sur. Rebooted a few times during installation, of course. I still have a "Boot macOS from Preboot" in Clover, and a "Boot macOS from homestar (my system drive)". I can't boot if I'm not in Safe Mode. Getting this panic:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80032f0082): "Rooting from the live fs of a sealed volume is not allowed on a RELEASE"

Found a post saying I need to disable Secure Boot in my config.plist, but I can't mount my EFI in Safe Mode to get to my config.

Boot from preboot.

Getting weird iMessage problems - contacts send me iMessages, I reply, and my replies are being sent as SMS. I signed out of iMessage and back in. Same problem. Is this because I'm using an invalid serial number or UUID or something?

Getting weird iMessage problems - contacts send me iMessages, I reply, and my replies are being sent as SMS. I signed out of iMessage and back in. Same problem. Is this because I'm using an invalid serial number or UUID or something?

Why are you using invalid Serial and UUID? Why not generate valid ones?

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages.
Go to Text Message Forwarding.
Make sure your hackintosh is on the list.
In Settings > Messages, disable Send as SMS.

It wouldn't let me generate any - the buttons did nothing. I think I got it fixed. Booting from Preboot works fine, but how do I set Clover's Default Boot Volume to the Preboot? I tried putting "preboot" in the field and it didn't boot to anything. Putting the name of my HD boots to the non-preboot, which restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back