CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Clean installing Monterey 12.5 on known functional hardware w/ OpenCore 0.83. Same hardware has been used for Clover and OC installs going back to El Cap with limited issues. Just wanted a clean install to Monterey (was previously on BS latest revision)

Still retain all the bootable USBs for each of those installs (EC, Mojave, Catalina, BS) and each of them is now failing in the same way (no changes to those USBs). Hardware has 4 drives installed (2x NVME and 2x SATA) 3 of them blank with the 4th only holding some data.

EFI info attached for Monterey. Pretty straightforward and boots to macOS Recovery. Connects to WiFi, able to erase/partition disks. When it comes to running the installer I get to 12 minutes and consistently see "An error occurred loading the update". No matter what USB bootloader I use. Tried different USB Keys (2.0/3.0) and various ports on the machine.

The Installer log is throwing a number of errors including -- osinstallersetupd[231]: IFJS: Package Authoring Error: Access to path "/tmp/com.apple.pkg.testing" requires <options allow-external-scripts='true'>

Prior to throwing the error. I see "Could not verify trust (5) using MobileSoftwareUpdate policy. Will try basix X509.
****Volumes/Macintosh HD/macos Install Data/UpdateBundle/AssetData/./payloadv2/basesystem_patches/arm64eBaseSystem.dmg != ./payloadv2/basesystem_patches/arm64eBasesystem.dmg ****

The specific error is "Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004.

Only Monitor, KB, Mouse and USB key plugged into the unit. Next steps for me is to disconnect all internal drives except for one NVME.

Any help would be awesome. I hope i'm just missing something silly.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Still retain all the bootable USBs for each of those installs (EC, Mojave, Catalina, BS) and each of them is now failing in the same way (no changes to those USBs).
Implies incorrect BIOS setting(s) or need to clear NVRAM if happening on multiple previously working USB installers.

Weird cause I haven’t changed the BIOS settings. I’ve been clearing NVRAM using the bootable USB on each attempt.

I guess it’s hard to say if the error I’m seeing an expected outcome of incorrect BIOS settings, will look into those settings again.

One thing I have noticed is that my BIOS clock keeps changing to GMT every couple of hours so maybe time to change my CR2032

Pretty sure the EFI/OC/ACPI folder does not want "SSDT-PMC.aml" for a Z370 board. (At least that's what Dortania says, and I don't have it on my "Mini-ITX 3" below, which works fine.) Try changing your config.plist/ACPI/Add/3/Enabled value to NO and see what happens.

In your config.plist/ACPI/Quirks, you have ResetLogoStatus value at NO; on mine it's YES.

In your config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have DisableIOMapper value YES; I have NO.

In your config.plist/Misc/Security, you have SecureBootModel value "Default." You might want to consider setting it to "Disabled" if nothing else works.

In your config.plist/UEFI/Quirks you have EnableVectorAcceleration value NO; I have YES. Is this because I have a dedicated GPU and you are using the internal graphics? (Have not seen your value in the Dortania guide.)

In your config.plist/ACPI/Quirks, you have ResetLogoStatus value at NO; on mine it's YES.

In your config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have DisableIOMapper value YES; I have NO.

In your config.plist/Misc/Security, you have SecureBootModel value "Default." You might want to consider setting it to "Disabled" if nothing else works.

In your config.plist/UEFI/Quirks you have EnableVectorAcceleration value NO; I have YES. Is this because I have a dedicated GPU and you are using the internal graphics? (Have not seen your value in the Dortania guide.)
Let me try those changes. Yes, i have iGPU so dont think I need to switch that on. I feel like the SecureBootModel might be the culprit here. Let me report back after giving these each their own try. (I only want to make one change at a time!)

I‘ve removed the SSDD-PMC but still get stuck on the same spot during install. Checked my BIOS settings and they match Dortania guide exactly.
Your Build with Z370 shows High Sierra installed, have you upgraded to Monterey with your current config?

Your Build with Z370 shows High Sierra installed, have you upgraded to Monterey with your current config?
No, I have not "upgraded" any of my computers to Monterey. Only have gone as far as Big Sur with my Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi "Mini-ITX 4" (and then down-dated that one to Mojave). Others have only been as far as shown below. However, Mini-ITX 1, 3, and 4 are currently running OpenCore 0.8.3, and all three work with no problems.

Will have a look at your Recovery upload above later today.

No, I have not "upgraded" any of my computers to Monterey. Only have gone as far as Big Sur with my Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi "Mini-ITX 4" (and then down-dated that one to Mojave). Others have only been as far as shown below. However, Mini-ITX 1, 3, and 4 are currently running OpenCore 0.8.3, and all three work with no problems.

Will have a look at your Recovery upload above later today.
So i've tried flipping those two Quirks & security feature but still getting the same error.

So i've tried flipping those two Quirks & security feature but still getting the same error.
Bummer, sorry those didn't help. Looked at your uploaded log but it's over my head, sorry again. I have some questions:
1. The "Error loading the update" is really odd if you are installing a fresh full copy of MacOS Monterey version 12.5. Is your "Install Monterey.app" version 17.5.01 as shown on this web page?
2. Is your copy of the installer app 12.45 GB, and dated July 14, 2022? (That would agree with mine, which hasn't been used yet.)
3. If you do a "Get Info" on the install app, does the "Size" show 12,445,686,617 bytes (12.42 GB on disk)? (Mine attached below)
4.Was your target disk formatted as APFS before attempting the install? The Monterey installer won't do that for you.
5. What version of the Gigabyte BIOS for your mobo are you using?

Get Info.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back