Contribute
Register

Z270X-UD5, Intel I7-7700K, need USB 3 fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you check here https://github.com/andrewmiskell/Series-200-Patches/blob/master/SSDT-UIAC-Z270X-UD5.dsl I've already done most of the leg work. You just need to remove the ports you don't use to get under the 15 port limit and update the UsbConnector property for any devices that are internally connected (like a WiFi/BT card connected to an internal header).
Thanks Dracon! My WIFI & BT are PCI & USB respectively. But I will be putting the
Z270X-UD5 in an Inwin 909 case that has 3 (USB 3s) a USB-C, that will be the only ports connect to the MB internal headers. I use plenty of the USB ports on the MB.

Actually I don't know how to apply SSDT patches like the one from the link you attached.

Thanks Dracon! My WIFI & BT are PCI & USB respectively. But I will be putting the
Z270X-UD5 in an Inwin 909 case that has 3 (USB 3s) a USB-C, that will be the only ports connect to the MB internal headers. I use plenty of the USB ports on the MB.

Actually I don't know how to apply SSDT patches like the one from the link you attached.

Then you may still need the port patch because you are limited to 15 ports total by Apple's drivers. However, @RehabMan has stated that there are issues with exceeding the 15 port limit, so you may need look at how you are connecting everything and decide how best to do it.

Then you may still need the port patch because you are limited to 15 ports total by Apple's drivers. However, @RehabMan has stated that there are issues with exceeding the 15 port limit, so you may need look at how you are connecting everything and decide how best to do it.
Thanks Dracon!

When you state 15 ports! What’s everything on this board, the 15 ports consist of?

Example:

SATA, VIDEO HDMI Display Port, U.2, NVMe, SATA DOM, 6 PCIes, Ethernet, (Fan Pin Header), USB & AUDIO Headers and rear ports?

I know I’ll be using the NVMe, 6 SATAs, (Fan Pin Headers), 1 Ethernet, 3 or 4 PCIes, USBs—(there is actually 1 USB2 on the board near the memory slots), Rear Audio jacks—just need MIC & HEADPHONE)

Can I use a USB 3 PCI Card for 4 USBs?

Also will MultiBeast for High Sierra address the port Limit? I saw the good news of Sierra's latest released Multibeast that address 200 board port limits.

I also don't know how to apply the SSDT you attached. Does it run through an App like KextBeast?

Thanks Dracon!

When you state 15 ports! What’s everything on this board, the 15 ports consist of?

Example:

SATA, VIDEO HDMI Display Port, U.2, NVMe, SATA DOM, 6 PCIes, Ethernet, (Fan Pin Header), USB & AUDIO Headers and rear ports?

I know I’ll be using the NVMe, 6 SATAs, (Fan Pin Headers), 1 Ethernet, 3 or 4 PCIes, USBs—(there is actually 1 USB2 on the board near the memory slots), Rear Audio jacks—just need MIC & HEADPHONE)

Also will MultiBeast for High Sierra address the port Limit? I saw the good news of Sierra's latest released Multibeast that address 200 board port limits.

I also don't know how to apply the SSDT you attached. Does it run through an App like KextBeast?

The limit is 15 ports per USB controller.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Thanks Dracon!

Example:

Like @RehabMan said, 15 port limit per USB controller. The motherboard has two USB controllers onboard, use USB3.0 controller that controls all of the motherboard headers (including the USB2.0 headers) and a USB3.1 controller which handles the USB3.1 port on the back panel (and I think it handles the USB-C connection as well, haven't tested USB-C yet).

The MultiBeast "patch" allows for more than 15 ports per controller, but it's really a temporary fix. As previously stated, and @RehabMan mentions in the post he linked earlier, there's issues that can happen with the MultiBeast port patch which can cause weird issues on the USB bus because the USB drivers were never designed in such a way to work.

This is a very helpful thread.

I'm running GA-Z270X-UD5, 7700K, Vega 64

I'm using two of the internal motherboard USB headers. One for my wifi and bluetooth adapter. The other one for the case USB 3.0 ports at the front.

I currently have the issue of my USB 3.0 ports not working at all. My USB 2.0, 3.1, USB-C, Thunderbolt ports work fine.

I tried to put the USB Inject All and the Port Limit Patch for 200 Series in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder and it still didn't do anything to fix the USB 3.0 issue.

So I'm going to be following this guide.

Once I've edited this .dsl, what is it I do exactly (step by step) with that file?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back