Contribute
Register

Z270 Build - Should I be OK with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this specific motherboard, you can set the coloring in the UEFI BIOS and it will stick to whatever OS you are running.
Wonderful. Thanks for the quick response!

No problem, happy to help!

I ended up installing a M.2 SATA SSD instead of the Samsung one.

Anyway, I got it working by booting with a Skylake CPUID (both the installer and the OS itself). I also applied some fixes to the GPU that I don't remember, but can check when I get home. These aren't required to boot, but were required to enable the DP output on the motherboard (HDMI always worked).

My motherboard does not have WiFi.

Hello EduAlmeida, & TonyMacx86 people,

I have the Gigabyte z270x-ud5 with i5-7600k. I am using a WD Black 256MB M.2 for the boot and WD 4TB for the data and media. I have been able to get as far as the select drive to install. The only option presented is USB, which of course is the USB containing UniBeast and macOS Sierra. I have been searching for information on what options are required to enable the M.2 and SATA HDD. On boot the BIOS / UEFI does show all 3 devices connected which I assume to be a good thing.

I am at present using integrated graphics HDMI to Sony 55" television as I do not have a DP cable. I am hoping the display connection is in no way related to the drive availability. I am planning to eventually add a EVGA NVidia 970 STRIX card. (The one 'compatible' item I would be using)

I was able to get my build to work just fine.

I haven't purchased the 1080 yet, though, so I have yet to test if I can have it disabled under macOS.

Hi EduAlmeida, have you any problems with your Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 5? Does the audio and ethernet work?

Hi EduAlmeida, have you any problems with your Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 5? Does the audio and ethernet work?
I am also quite curious. I'm looking into a Gaming 8 potentially.

is there a step by step guide on how to make it to work? my friend just bought this mobo with 7500, but was stuck at the apple logo screen... please help...

is there a step by step guide on how to make it to work? my friend just bought this mobo with 7500, but was stuck at the apple logo screen... please help...
You need to turn of USB3.0 in BIOS and VT-d
And follow the instructions here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/

I got it to work yesterday. It works great, but no audio yet. The Intel Gbit Lan Port does work, haven't tried to get the Killer 2500 to run yet, because one port is enough for the moment :)

EDIT:

Onboard Sound does now work with voodoo HDA 2.8.9 from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/
Sound through DP does not work yet.

Last edited:
Hello

zidanex : does your sound work well now?

EduAlmeida : wich guide did you follow? Is it the same than zidanex's one? If not, can you link it to me?

Hello

zidanex : does your sound work well now?

EduAlmeida : wich guide did you follow? Is it the same than zidanex's one? If not, can you link it to me?

Yep my sound does work perfectly.
But i also have a gtx 1080ti now and the sound does also work gread via hdmi / DP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back