Geforce GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone

I have recently purchased the gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard for my build. The finished product will go inside a power Mac G5 case with help of the Laser Hive atx conversion kit. I also have 16 Gb of corsair vengeance DDR4 ram, an Intel i7 6700 3.4 ghz, a gigabyte GeForce GTX 950, and the recommended Apple Broadcom wireless card (made for OS X continuity). I have gotten Windows to run on it fine but I can not get OS X installed onto this build. This is my second hackintosh (first being Lenovo y50). I have used the efi file from this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/181785-skylake-ga-z170x-ud5-th-issues.html without any success. I can get clover running but if I try to boot into OS X I get the apple logo and it freezes like that. Any tips?

I'm hitting the same wall in my build. I'm using the Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 5 and following the basic instructions listed in the El Capitan guide. I'll get to the Apple logo, but no progress is made on the progress bar. I'd be curious to see if your solution would be similar to mine - I'll definitely keep you posted if I learn anything.

I'm hitting the same wall in my build. I'm using the Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 5 and following the basic instructions listed in the El Capitan guide. I'll get to the Apple logo, but no progress is made on the progress bar. I'd be curious to see if your solution would be similar to mine - I'll definitely keep you posted if I learn anything.

same here I have a gaming g1 and even when i type in the nvidia and boot in safe or verbose mode i get stuck

I see your using nvidia card try this. Lmk if this helps
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

This isn't really the error, just something you commonly see last on the screen. Most likely it's a failure to start the graphics system, leaving a bunch of messages like this showing.

• Try troubleshooting graphics card issues:
    • If Nvidia card, try booting with nv_disable=1
    • If integrated graphics, make sure config.plist sets Graphics / Inject / Intel to <true/> or see Haswell Integrated Graphics Don't Start
    • If both integrated and discrete graphics, try removing the graphics card, installing with integrated graphics, then post-install putting the graphics card back in and installing Web drivers if needed.
  • In at least one case it was caused by a bad Clover config on the system drive, and replacing the system EFI partition contents with the USB EFI partition contents fixed it.
  • Try different USB ports for the USB install drive; use a USB2 port if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back