i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

Got my new Z170x Gaming 5 with a 6700k yesterday and very happy with the build.
After a few hours of fiddling Ive successfully got El Capitan bootable with the majority functioning.

My questions are; I'm trying to create a custom SSDT using the guide below (to get all USB 3 ports working), but get stuck when using IORegistryExplorer. I can't seem to get it to load 26 entries.

If you see fewer than 26 entries (HS01-HS14, SS01-SS10, USR1-USR2), then something is wrong and you need to review the steps above until you can boot and see 26 entries under XHC in IORegistryExplorer.
I have already added this to my config.plist but no avail, I can only see 10 entries.

Code:
       <key>KextsToPatch</key>
                <array>
[B]                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//EA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//Hw==
                                </data>
                        </dict>[/B]

Does anyone already have an SSDT for this board or can anyone suggest a fix to see all 26 entries?

My second question is, the Gaming 5 has two LAN Chips, 1 x Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 and 1 x Intel GbE LAN Chip. The killer NIC is working as I used the kext from Multibeast. But I can't get the intel chip to be recognised in El Capitan; I have already tried to install the Intel Kext from Multibeast. I have attached a picture of the System Profile and config.plist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Ethernet.jpg
    Ethernet.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 109
Realise I have posted things a couple of times! Delete if possible please tonymac have posted on Desktop support.

I have tried installing USB inject all kext but system doesn't boot.

Realise I have posted things a couple of times! Delete if possible please tonymac have posted on Desktop support.

I have tried installing USB inject all kext but system doesn't boot.

I don't know what else to suggest- be sure XHCI handoff is enabled in BIOS

XHCI handoff is enabled in Bios. It's strange I can still only see 10 in register. I also have a problem with the display when booting. I have an old Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT plugged in until my EVGA gtx 970 comes. I have added the screen resolution 1680 x 1050 to config.plist but the monitor seems to think otherwise! I have uploaded a pic.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1468170186577-147298829.jpg
    1468170186577-147298829.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 69
XHCI handoff is enabled in Bios. It's strange I can still only see 10 in register. I also have a problem with the display when booting. I have an old Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT plugged in until my EVGA gtx 970 comes. I have added the screen resolution 1680 x 1050 to config.plist but the monitor seems to think otherwise! I have uploaded a pic.
Thanks for your help.

Not sure about the USB thing- as I said you must boot using USBInjectAll for the raise port limit patch to work. As for the boot screen- I don't think your 9500 GT can display full resolution there.

With the USB does the kext need to be installed in the library or the efi folder on the separate partition?

The same card and screen works on my old EP45-UD3P which is odd.

With the USB does the kext need to be installed in the library or the efi folder on the separate partition?

The same card and screen works on my old EP45-UD3P which is odd.

It can be installed in either the EFI kexts folder or /Library/Extensions/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back