Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock X99 Oc Formula 3.1
CPU
Intel 5820K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
Which board do you advise? I want a smooth installation so I will go with the Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H or the Z270 version. The price is the same but there are not many guide around for hackintosh Z270. Can you help?

From what I remember in the Kaby Lake reviews earlier in the year, the Kaby Lake processors don't have much over the Sky Lake processors, speed wise. However, the Kaby Lake does come with some new capabilities built into the supporting motherboard chipsets. If you can wait for Sierra 10.12.6 to be released, any day now, there will be support for the Kaby Lake chipset, and we will have an update to MultiBeast to support 10.12.6 drivers/kexts, etc.

So, given this time and date, it's a toss up. However, you might as well go with a Z270/Kaby Lake system. BTW, when 10.12.6 is released, the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide will be updated with recommended 200 series motherboards which will have drivers/kexts supported in the MultiBeast update.

I would like to have a smooth install and I have seen the same price between the z170 and z270 but it's still not tested much. I am not really sure about what to do hahahaha

As a coach, one of my favorite sayings was, "Don't rush to fail!" Take your time and wait for 10.12.6 to be released so you can use the Kaby Lake.

From what I remember in the Kaby Lake reviews earlier in the year, the Kaby Lake processors don't have much over the Sky Lake processors, speed wise. However, the Kaby Lake does come with some new capabilities built into the supporting motherboard chipsets. If you can wait for Sierra 10.12.6 to be released, any day now, there will be support for the Kaby Lake chipset, and we will have an update to MultiBeast to support 10.12.6 drivers/kexts, etc.

So, given this time and date, it's a toss up. However, you might as well go with a Z270/Kaby Lake system. BTW, when 10.12.6 is released, the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide will be updated with recommended 200 series motherboards which will have drivers/kexts supported in the MultiBeast update.
i am using z170x gaming 7 and 7700k what options should i select in multibeast ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back