Motherboard
Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM BIOS v1.32
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Took me three months but I finally got it to work using the latest version of Clover:

Mobo: ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS with latest BIOS
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2667 v3 (Haswell-E) x2
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT running dual monitors
Ram: 16GB DDR4 PC-2133 ECC Reg x8
HDD: Intel NVMe SSD PCIe P3600
SMBIOS: iMac15,1 (iMacpro1,1 will cause restart loop on boot with Haswell-E CPUs; might work with v4 Broadwell-E CPUs)

To successfully use the Radeon 5700 XT with this setup requires:
1. Latest versions of Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext
2. agdpmod=pikera in Clover bootflags
3. Make sure that Inject Intel, Inject ATI, and Inject NVidia are all made false. Unchecking them in Clover will not do the trick. Check them off first, then edit config.plist and change "true" to "false".
4. Make sure RadeonDeInit is checked off.

Others on the forum have experienced the notorious reboot loop bug when starting Catalina if the Radeon 5700 XT is plugged in. The solution of adding #2 above doesn't work for everyone. In my case, all of the above must be correct in config.plist to allow successful boot into Catalina.

EFI attached. Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 231
Update. For Catalina 10.15.5, RadeonDeInit should be changed from "true" to "false. Or uncheck it in Clover Manager. Keeping it checked will result in a restart loop. Also be sure to keep Lilu and Whatevergreen updated.

What chipset is your board using? I got a Dell T7910 with Broadwell-EP Processors and am looking at trying. It's got C610/x99 Chipset.

@vinyldehyde
Have you made some changes to your EFI since then ?
I tried to boot with Z10PE-D8 with Broadwell xeon without success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back