2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all-

Built the machine in my profile based on the great help and tools here. Lately it has been locking up on youtube videos very regularly. I have removed the great evil Flash with no help. Happens in all browsers. Thinking it might be video card (GT740) issue. Looking for some help in steps to troubleshoot. Running 10.9.5. TIA.

Hi all-

Built the machine in my profile based on the great help and tools here. Lately it has been locking up on youtube videos very regularly. I have removed the great evil Flash with no help. Happens in all browsers. Thinking it might be video card (GT740) issue. Looking for some help in steps to troubleshoot. Running 10.9.5. TIA.

There was a discussion about the GT740 this morning and other cards. Are you injecting with inject nvidia (true) with Clover? Or are you using chimera? GraphicsEnabler=Yes I'd recommend staying away from the 740 it has issues.

Thanks for the reply. I am not using Chimera, haven't made the switch but have been wanting to. Plan to upgrade OS with it soon. Haven't had any real problems with GT740 until recently. Could the hardware be developing faults? What is the lifespan of a video card?

An update for anyone that finds this thread in search. It seems that being logged into your user profile can cause stability problems. We found that logging out and using traditional web bookmarks for the youtube subscriptions greatly increased the stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back