Contribute
Register

Your First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first computer was an Atari 400. 16k of RAM, baby! :headbang:

My first computer ? was the TI-59 programmable calculator. It used magnetic strips for storage and I had the thermal printer that it mounted on. I think the package ran about $1200
My next was a Commodore 16. It lasted about 3 months and then I upgraded :D to a Commodore 64. I used a tape drive until the 5.25 drives came out. I used to punch the side of the 5.25 sleeve to get double sided disks. Not all formatted 100%, but a lot did. That system with an external 300 Baud modem connected me to the local MLS (Multiple Listing System) database and allowed me to pull up stats on the local homes for sale. It was cutting edge for the Real Estate business at the time :thumbup:

TI-59.jpg

Attachments

• TI-59.jpg
    TI-59.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 121
Commodore 64 baby!!! I now have an emulator on my computer and play all the old games. You can download for free and work just like they did back then.

After the Commodore and other types like this, I got my first Windows 3.1 machine which was a 486 system with 4MB of RAM, and a 60MB hard drive. I thought I was in heaven!!

My first computer was an Apple Macintosh IIfx, given by my aunt and my oncle!
I was unaware and a few years after, I threw the machine in the trash. :(

MacIIFx_2600.jpg

By the way, I had only one screen, with knobs under it to set the contrast and luminosity.
The mouse wasn't the same as on the pic.

Poor me, I miss it... :(

Attachments

• MacIIFx_2600.jpg
    MacIIFx_2600.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 741
Commodore 64 (C64C in the year of 1986)

I bought myself a 1530 Datasette (cassette drive) two years ago. Mine had a broken tape head. :p

Color Computer 3 with a whopping 128kb of RAM!

Learned BASIC on this thing when I was 10. (and played allot of RoboCop)
Tandy_Color3_System_s2.jpg

Then Later on inherited a great Apple IIGS with a 1MB RAM Upgrade and a PC transporter Card! :headbang:
iigs.jpg

All this is still in a closet somewhere!

Attachments

• Tandy_Color3_System_s2.jpg
    Tandy_Color3_System_s2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 179
  • iigs.jpg
    iigs.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 443
Atari 1040ST
Atari_1040STf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back