RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I am running Mojave 10.14.6 on a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 motherboard with 32GB of RAM and a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. I am getting random reboots when I leave the system running for a while. When I look at the screen it will have rebooted and an error comes up letting me know it rebooted due to an unknown error. I saved the crash report log files and am hoping someone can help me decipher them and figure out what is causing this issue. For the record, prior to upgrading to Mojave, this computer was running smoothly with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card and the onboard graphics disabled. Never had this reboot issue before Mojave. Through some trial and error I got the RX580 to work, but am not sure if I need to configure further in Clover. Or if the graphics card even has anything to do with this at all. I appreciate any advice you can offer, and let me know if I can supply additional logs or config files.

Thanks,
Damien

Attachments

• Crash report 7-20-19.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Crash report 7-27-19.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Crash report 7-17-19.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 126
The problem was solved. I posted a long explanation of how I fixed it, but it is no longer here. Strange. No need to respond. This is fixed now.
Hello Damien, I have almost the same build and everything works but I am having random reboots (specially on graphics intensive applications) do you recall how you solved your issue?

Thanks for the help

Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back