Contribute
Register

Your computer could not be verified. Contact support! Aaagh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
Intel i7 2600K at 4Ghz
Graphics
Radeon 5770 (but soon GTX560Ti)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I get this message when I try to open an app downloaded with app store. I get it when I try to software update in the app store, and yet my computer is authorised.

This is since my hard drive was full and I re-installed Lion 7.2 to a new drive and did a migrate over to it.

Is this detecting that I am not a real mac, or what?

same here
just run multibeast and go to customization->boot options-> and tick pci root id fix ;)

Google Chameleon Wizard and edit your SMBios.plist .. Just select the Premade ones that match your Build and it will start working.

yep almost the same think...its all about the boot flag :thumbup:

sotmax said:
same here
just run multibeast and go to customization->boot options-> and tick pci root id fix ;)

I did this and it fixed my connection problem with the App Store. However, now my display flickers every few seconds and I have to reauthorize my iTunes account on this computer (already at five and cannot reset my five until next Friday). Is there a way to undo this tick so I can deauthorize this computer for iTunes and also see if my screen flicker goes away? I have a SAPPHIRE 100290SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 2GB.

EDIT: I just changed my screen resolution to 1600x1200 and the flickering went away. I reset it to 1920x1200 and it no longer flickers. That's strange. But I still have the high-spinning fan and it is rather annoying.

OK, now one of my fans is running high. I'll have to open it up but I suspect it's the gpu fan. What is going on this all this? I'm running 10.6.8 Snow Leo. atMonitor is reporting 0 degrees C for my gpu diode, so I suspect it's not reading it. Could this be why the fan is on? The system cannot tell its temperature so it defaults to high speed? atMonitor does see the VRAM usage and is reporting it at 99 to 105 mb used.

EDIT: I just opened the case and all the fans are running high - case, gpu and ps. The rear of the graphics card (near the port) is very hot. atMonitor also does not see the cpu temps but Temperature Monitor does and is reporting them at 48-51C. Is there another app that can report gpu diode temps? I tried iStat but it does not run (my trial is apparently out). My hard drives in around 38 C.

OK, it seems to be the graphics card. I shut the system down for 20 minutes to let things cool. I turn it on and within just a few minutes after finishing the boot the graphics card near the rear of the computer gets really hot and its fan spins up. (I also had to set the video to 1600x1200, then back to 1920x1200 to make the flickering go away). The other three fans - cpu, psu and case - appear to not have changed speeds. It is only the graphics card fan that is blowing like mad.

How can changing a tick in MultiBeast that affects ethernet cause all of this to happen?

This is getting really bizarre. I reran MultiBeast but left the pci root ID unchecked, the repaired permissions and rebooted. The screen no longer flickers and the fans are back to normal and I don't have to reauthorize my computer on iTunes. But now I cannot log into the App Store without getting the error message in the first post of this thread.

Does anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this? I am completely perplexed. It must be something about the PCI bus and whatever this PCI root checkbox does.

Connie Mac said:
Does anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this? I am completely perplexed. It must be something about the PCI bus and whatever this PCI root checkbox does.
It's Karmas way to tell you to forget about this for today and go out and have a beer.

I am really serious. Leave it be and return the next day to finish the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back