Contribute
Register

"You need to restart your computer..." during install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Build:

GA-P55M-UD2 ver.1.1 BIOS: F11
Core i7-860
4GB (will eventually be 8GB) G-Skill DDR3-1600
PNY GTS 450 1GB DDR5
500GB WD Green
LG BD/HD-DVD

Problem:

Every time I try to install from my Retail DVD, the install stops and the following message appears:
You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.
I have tried the latest iBoot as well as the iBoot-GE disc. I have tried with and without the '-x' command.

For what its worth, I had the same problem with the following cards: Nvidia 220; ATI 4850. ATI 4550 got past this, but is an older card than what I want to go with.

Please help!

catdroid said:
Build:

GA-P55M-UD2 ver.1.1 BIOS: F11
Core i7-860
4GB (will eventually be 8GB) G-Skill DDR3-1600
PNY GTS 450 1GB DDR5
500GB WD Green
LG BD/HD-DVD

Problem:

Every time I try to install from my Retail DVD, the install stops and the following message appears:
You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.
I have tried the latest iBoot as well as the iBoot-GE disc. I have tried with and without the '-x' command.

For what its worth, I had the same problem with the following cards: Nvidia 220; ATI 4850. ATI 4550 got past this, but is an older card than what I want to go with.

Please help!

Have you done a memtest? Have you checked your Bios settings?
Looks like a kernel panic.

I have done the appropriate testing and quad-checked BIOS settings. I finally did figure the problem out: An internal multicard reader that I forgot to unplug.

Now a new problem: No audio or network. :beachball:

catdroid said:
I have done the appropriate testing and quad-checked BIOS settings. I finally did figure the problem out: An internal multicard reader that I forgot to unplug.

Now a new problem: No audio or network. :beachball:

How far are you in the process? Did you put 10.6.5 down?
If so, I had to go to Multibeast and readd the AC889 kext.
My network didn't work either, so I downloaded Lnx2Mac's Realtek beta drivers install kit. Installed and worked like a charm.

Attachments

• Files_01.rar
    23 KB · Views: 39
vizx86 said:
How far are you in the process? Did you put 10.6.5 down?
If so, I had to go to Multibeast and readd the AC889 kext.
My network didn't work either, so I downloaded Lnx2Mac's Realtek beta drivers install kit. Installed and worked like a charm.

I'm on 10.6.5, I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back