Graphics
ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything works on my machine, except sometimes (1 out of 3 start ups) when I boot up, I get this screen on the grey Apple. Is this a kernal panic? I don't see any output that would tell me the issue. I have a custom DSDT and ran Multibeast with the correct video card settings. Do I need to delete a kext to stop this screen from appearing?

Thanks

Reptart said:
Everything works on my machine, except sometimes (1 out of 3 start ups) when I boot up, I get this screen on the grey Apple. Is this a kernal panic? I don't see any output that would tell me the issue. I have a custom DSDT and ran Multibeast with the correct video card settings. Do I need to delete a kext to stop this screen from appearing?

Thanks

I notice you've got the same mobo as i do, did you perchance use the LH guide? If so, you need to delete the SleepEnabler.kext as it is outdated and probably causing your KP. There is a current version of the kext on google code that allows force sleep to work, but timed sleep still doesn't work quite right, but doesn't crash the Hak.

I downloaded the custom DSDT from the database which was edited to fix the sleep problem, which it does. I followed Tony's guide instead because it was updated and allowed for future updates without any lingering issues.

This is the only problem I have at the moment and only occurs 1 out of 3 times I boot.

I'm having the same problem you are. The only way I seem to boot into Mac OS X is by using the iBoot CD and using options -v PCIRootUID=1.

Any way to overcome this?

ikingblack said:
Boot with -v and post a screenshot.

Wish I could, w/o the iBoot CD even using -v PCIRootUID=1 screen goes black and I lose video output... status light on display gets on/off repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back