Contribute
Register

You can't open the application "MultiBeast" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EVGA Z77 FTW
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 x 2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm baffled.. upgrading from my Mountain Lion mackintosh to Mavericks and when I try to run MultiBeast after reboot I get the error in the thread title. I've been here for a few years and this doesn't make any sense to me.

I:

Tried a different computer (3570k following old buyer's guide)
Tried Multibeast for Mavericks old version
Tried the newest MultiBeast for Mavericks
Enabled Apps from anywhere in security settings
Reset BIOS to defaults

Needless to say I'm stuck! Help!

I just built my first hackintosh. I have a gigabyte z68xp-ud3 motherboard with i7-2700 and Mavericks also (had hardware for a year but just got around to building it). I was trying to install software for my Canon DSLR and get a similar error "You can't open the application "EOS Utility Installer" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

When looking at About This Mac, it shows to be a Mac Pro, Early 2008. It details all the correct info including 3.61 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Not sure what to do.

That error legitimately refers to software that is written for old Macs, which had PowerPC processors. Hackintoshes running Mavericks don't support that old software. Your software might be old. However, MultiBeast isn't and that's why I don't know why I am getting this error.

From Wikipedia:

PowerPC-only software is supported with Rosetta, though applications may have to be rewritten to run properly on the newer OS X for Intel. Apple initially encouraged developers to produce universal binaries with support for both PowerPC and x86.

On all versions from (and including) Lion, Rosetta is no longer available.

You'll have to downgrade your version of OS X to a version prior to Lion if you want to run software that has PowerPC only support.

Which version of MultiBeast are you running?

I was getting the same error. I ended up downloading Multibeast (same exact download file) directly onto the Hackintosh after OSX load, and it worked as it should. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back