Contribute
Register

Yosmite 10.10.2 on HP4530s..upgrade or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP4530s
CPU
Corei5 Sandy
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am no expert or regular hacintosh installer . I just do an instal, get it working and that is it.

So HP4530s with Clover latest 3330
I know on pre Clover we could not do Mac OS X system upgrades, but I seem to remember reading that with Clover we could now upgrade

I have an HP4530s running 10.10.2 Clover 3330.

I see OSX 10.10.5 Combined update, and also the potential for El Capitan.

Should i do it? either the 10.10.5 or the El Capitan?

Will either update work or will they both just 'trash' the system?

The other question is ..do I even need to upgrade..probably not ..but just wondering.

I am no expert or regular hacintosh installer . I just do an instal, get it working and that is it.

So HP4530s with Clover latest 3330
I know on pre Clover we could not do Mac OS X system upgrades, but I seem to remember reading that with Clover we could now upgrade

I have an HP4530s running 10.10.2 Clover 3330.

I see OSX 10.10.5 Combined update, and also the potential for El Capitan.

Should i do it? either the 10.10.5 or the El Capitan?

Will either update work or will they both just 'trash' the system?

The other question is ..do I even need to upgrade..probably not ..but just wondering.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

OK, thanks, so reading throughout he first page of that , that seems to mean that a straight Apple Update will not work..that is all I needed to know.

Thanks.. I have no need of the update, just wondered if it was a straight forward 'In OS ' update..if it is not..I have a working system...I'll leave well alone

Thanks

OK, thanks, so reading throughout he first page of that , that seems to mean that a straight Apple Update will not work..that is all I needed to know.

Thanks.. I have no need of the update, just wondered if it was a straight forward 'In OS ' update..if it is not..I have a working system...I'll leave well alone

Thanks

If you prepare first by having a correct Clover setup, you can update strait from the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back