Contribute
Register

Yosemite works on GA- H87-D3H motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H87-D3h
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed Yosemite on my H87-D3H Hackintosh.
In order to boot into the installer, you need to use 2 boot flags.
-v -x
I tried a couple of times in order to boot with no kernel panic errors.

Good Luck to you guys!!!!!
:lolno::lolno::lolno::headbang::headbang::headbang::p:p

Actually, I booted with no boot flags whatsoever. Install completed perfectly. Unfortunately the computer would not complete the boot process after installing MultiBeast 7. I tried re-installing 3 times and 3rd time was a charm. Everything up and running perfectly... except Messages. Oh, sound still fails after sleep!

I have the same motherboard and had to try the installation multiple times. It failed with different errors each time. Finally had success using maxmem=4096 -x -v- f. After using multibeast, everything works OK except sleep/wake: it takes lots of time to go to sleep and when it finally does it does not wake up and i have to reset it. Was working 100% no problems with Mavericks, so I came back to it.

Here too, first time building a hackintosh and managed to install it in the first attempt on a H87N-WiFi.
But with no internal audio... Plan to get a USB DAC/Amp so that should work.
Of course, nothing is fully perfect, here are some problems:
- the mouse scroll wheel is working in the reverse direction;
- no wifi/bluetooth, already ordered an Atheros AR9280 m-PCIe board hope it arrives soon;
- trying to fix the audio I set the Realtek support on Multibeast and the system freezed on startup, so had to re-format HD and install everything again;
- when I migrated the backup from an old mac mini with ancient OS X version the system also stopped working, again new HD format and install... Now averything back to normal.
So my advice is to not use Time Machine back-ups to migrate from older systems, better re-install all the software and backup just the personal files manually.

When the Atheros WiFi board arrives, will I need to alter something with Multibeast or it´s just a plug an play ?

Full descrition:
GA-H87N-WiFi motherboard
Core i3 4330 CPU w/standard cooler
8GB Ram Crucial Ballistix DDR3
Intel SSD 160GB Series 320 Sata II
Small Coletek case and psu
future: Atheros AR9280

I have the GA- H87-D3H too. When I try to boot from the USB it just says boot0: done and stays on that screen forever. Any advice?

Actually, I booted with no boot flags whatsoever. Install completed perfectly. Unfortunately the computer would not complete the boot process after installing MultiBeast 7. I tried re-installing 3 times and 3rd time was a charm. Everything up and running perfectly... except Messages. Oh, sound still fails after sleep!

The first time I booted up there was no sound also.
However after I restarted a few times, it works fine now.....
I don't know why either.....:problem::problem::problem::roll2:

I have the same motherboard and had to try the installation multiple times. It failed with different errors each time. Finally had success using maxmem=4096 -x -v- f. After using multibeast, everything works OK except sleep/wake: it takes lots of time to go to sleep and when it finally does it does not wake up and i have to reset it. Was working 100% no problems with Mavericks, so I came back to it.

Hey, don't get frustrated, I tried at least 5 times + too.
The first few times my installation stuck at 7 mins mark, so I tried every different combo of boot flags.
-v -f
-v -s
-v
-x
and so on. Try it when you feel like it.
Good Luck!

Here too, first time building a hackintosh and managed to install it in the first attempt on a H87N-WiFi.
But with no internal audio... Plan to get a USB DAC/Amp so that should work.
Of course, nothing is fully perfect, here are some problems:
- the mouse scroll wheel is working in the reverse direction;
- no wifi/bluetooth, already ordered an Atheros AR9280 m-PCIe board hope it arrives soon;
- trying to fix the audio I set the Realtek support on Multibeast and the system freezed on startup, so had to re-format HD and install everything again;
- when I migrated the backup from an old mac mini with ancient OS X version the system also stopped working, again new HD format and install... Now averything back to normal.
So my advice is to not use Time Machine back-ups to migrate from older systems, better re-install all the software and backup just the personal files manually.

When the Atheros WiFi board arrives, will I need to alter something with Multibeast or it´s just a plug an play ?

Full descrition:
GA-H87N-WiFi motherboard
Core i3 4330 CPU w/standard cooler
8GB Ram Crucial Ballistix DDR3
Intel SSD 160GB Series 320 Sata II
Small Coletek case and psu
future: Atheros AR9280

Hey, one thing that I know for sure, about the mouse scrolling thingy, there is an option you can find under system preferences --- mouse---- natural scrolling. You need to untick that option.
About the audio and other things I am not sure already.
Mine is quite lucky, after a few times reboot, the audio is worked fine now.
Good Luck!

I upgraded from 10.9 to Yosemite without much problem as far as the installation process with the H87-D3H. Post-installation the sound wasn't working when I installed the ALC892 kext through Multibeast 7.

I tried a few options in the forums, which resulted in a ton of kernel panics that eventually required a complete reinstall.

I see that a few of you here noted that the sound works. What options did you use?

I upgraded from 10.9 to Yosemite without much problem as far as the installation process with the H87-D3H. Post-installation the sound wasn't working when I installed the ALC892 kext through Multibeast 7.

I tried a few options in the forums, which resulted in a ton of kernel panics that eventually required a complete reinstall.

I see that a few of you here noted that the sound works. What options did you use?

For me I used -v -x bootflag.
The MultiBeast settings I just used ALC892 option.
After a few restart it works.
Can you go into the installer??? Or just no sound???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back